Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Problems..

• 17-07-2001 7:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Hey, i got a 17 inch studio works LG monitor (775N). Just recently i noticed it making a noce, a *beeeeeeeep* like a ringing in your ears, tis dead annoying and it seems like its ocming from the screen itsself, if i turn the monitor off and then back on it goes but will return a few minutes later..

Its happening right now and its annoying the $hite out of me >:|

It would be helpful to find out the origin of the problem as i think im still under the garentee by a week or two.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

just noticed, its more high pitched when looking at this page then it is when i look at mirc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

So it seems higher pitched when you look at brighter things... er, get it the hell repaired Vac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Heh, this happened to me. It was on a Philips monitor though. It would only happen after quite a while and I could get rid of it by fiddling with the flex that plugs into the back of the monitor. Eventually though it would return frown.gif

I never managed to fix it, but I sold the computer on to someone else biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

First thing I'd look at is the refresh rate being used, see if it's at some whacky low setting... other than that, take it back and get a replacement methinks.

Hehe, I got the 19" version of the LG studioworks... the only trouble I had with it was tearing the box off (literaly all of it) in the middle of Parnell street, trying to fit it into the taxi. biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Mine used to do it with high refresh rates (basically ones that the monitor wasnt quite capable of smile.gif ) its quite possibly the reason for the ringing.

• Advertisement

Thanx lads, ill give it a womble with all the idea's, tis nice to get serious answer's for once, god damn cs board has me thinking the worst of everyone biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I get it in high res on my Gateway EV 500 , and EV 910. ... no solution I know of though - once it starts it doesnt stop till its good n ready frown.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Right this sounds a bit strange but it was some info passed onto me by another engineer and has worked on a couple of occassions (tried it on a customers monitor after the third call back).

This can sometimes be caused by dust on the CRT. DO NOT TAKE OFF THE COVER ON YOUR MONITOR. Get an air-duster, I think they are around a fiver and spray it in and around the air vents. This should get rid of the dust inside. And the ringing should be gone. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by BNC (edited 17-07-2001).]

Well its still happening, BNC your idea sounds right to me as the pc did get very dusty when the atic was being converted, ill give it a go, thanx again lads..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I have an Acer 77e and it seems to do it at 1024x768 @ 85Hz. It only stated recently, like in the last two to three weeks or so.
    the strange thing is it seems to get louder and more intense if i ahve a white window open as opposed to going nearly silent when i ahve my Op|Flash background wallpaper out.

It's gone atm too though. seems to stop after its heated up a bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement