Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD player?

• 22-07-2001 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering what is the best DVD player for your pc. The one that came with this pc gives me a limited amount of region changes. It says i have 4 left at the moment, and when they run out it will be quite annoying as i have some American DVD's aswell as our home region DVD's.

Cheers.

-Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

ive got a creative yoke, 12 speed , remote control , hardware decoding , the works..

i also have some little file that lets you change the region unlimited times, ill try find it for you .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If your DVD ROM drive enforces region change limits by its firmware, it may be possible to download a firmware upgrade to remove the region protection. I remember seeing a site for this but I can't remember where, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

DvdGenie, works on all major software players. Lifesaver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Yeah i downloaded dvdgenie, but im sure it doesnt support my default player... (DVDexpress), so can you recommend any good DVD software?

-Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Powerdvd is the best for PC
    it's region free, you have to pay for it but it is worth it

What is now was once only imagined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Eh... I have Power DVD 2.55 - it asks to set the region of my DVD player when I install it, but limits it to 5 region changes.

Advertisement