Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost ADSL last Friday..

Options
  • 29-05-2002 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

Herein lies a cautionary tale:

I got home from work about 6.00pm last Friday to find that my DSL had dropped. Not alone had my DSL gone, but my phone line too. I logged a call to Tech Support who advised me that they would escalate the matter to an Engineer.

I logged onto the net at work on Monday after not getting it resolved over the weekend. I checked the status of the reported fault on eircom's website. They had it fixed. Went home, not fixed. Rang up - complained.

Finally, an engineer calls and finds that some idiot has tampered with the junction box for comms in the apartment block. He fixes it and all is well.

I was then reading through the T&C and discover that eircom absolve themselves of any liability (7.3 whatsoever in relation to the failure of the network. So much for applying for a rebate for the time I was at a loss. :)

Is this farcical or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Unless you have some kind of SLA (Service Level Agreement) with Eircom in regards to the level of service they will provide, there is unfortunately nothing you can do.

I know it's a joke because my business line went down for 5 business days earlier this year, which didn't come cheap. Of course they didn't even appreciate my loss (all I got was a mouthful of the usual Eircom-trademarked "we honestly couldn't care less" attitude). And that was even though it was a business line. :eek:

Advertisement