Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2002

Options
  • 29-05-2002 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭

From http://breaking.examiner.ie/ ::
    The line up for Slane 2002 has been revealed.

The Stereophonics will headline the event on Saturday 24th August. Nickelback, Doves, Counting Crows and Donegal band, The Revs, will also appear at the Co Meath gig.

Maybe worth going for the Counting Crows, but thats about it. Pretty limp lineup compared to last year.

- Dave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Piss-poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

jaysus , thats even worse than i imagined , i never really liked the stereophonics , but oh man nicklecrap as the support , i doubt i will be going anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

i wouldnt mind seeing sterephonics once, but the others, not really???nickleback fer christs sake?? id rather see alice in chains, oh no, sorry ,i mean puddle of mudd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Sum 41 are playing as well. *points and laughs*

Apparently it's not too expensive anyway for the day, so I assume there'll be a good bit of interest from the 12-19yr old market (after all the above named acts did manage to get a fair few number 1s between them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

So, anyone going? Me - Maybe. Have to see if someone else will bring me!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

not a chance.
    been dragged once to the stereophonics (last gig they done in the point).. while i jumped about a bit and generally got in the spirit of things, it did suck quite a bit, and i must have been the oldest person there (and im like only 22!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Jesus thats a bit of a let down..compared to last year anyways..suppose it would be hard all the same to beat u2 on their home turf as it were..

I suppose nickelback aint that bad..but sterophonics..if i had to listen to that chaps droony boring voice for more than 10 minutes i think id kill myself..

piss poor gig,dont think there will be a second show this year ;) wheh allways ac/dc in september to look forward too ! so i hear anyways..

NeM

Advertisement