Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yon SAT

Options
  • 29-05-2002 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Everyone I've talked to who took the SAT have the same opinions. 'Twas either rock hard or easy. Kinda like marmite. You etither hate it(me) or love it. Just wondering how everyone found it. Anyone who asks, I've had this name for a year longer than Zoe(duckgirl). Just haven't bothered to join.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

I always thought they were pretty easy.....anything with multiple choice generally is because even if you don't know exactly what the answer is,a rough idea wil usually get you through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Mahotée

the bits i knew were easy, but those little ovals took forever to fill in. but then in the DATs, i got something like 6%, yes, six, in clerical speed and accuracy, so maybe its just not my thing. the test itself was ok, exceept i couldnt do some of the maths (i never got a high enough maths grade to do the courses, btw, i scraped by ion the combined score) and i didnt really like the comprehensions in the verbal section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Cait

i found it hard, very hard. but then again i just about got in to ctyi anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Well, I found it all pretty easy, back during first year..
    but, then again, i didnt get in on the maths section..
    go figure..

_
    "Forsooth!Methinks thou art no ordinary talking chicken!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

I did it later than most, in TY. I got in on both sections.The verbal bit was damn hard but the maths bit was real easy. I was sooooo surprised to get the verbal at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

same as cait,found it very hard.the first time i did it,i scraped in on the verbal only,i scraped in on both the second time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

I found it all right this year. Last year i found it much harder, I only got through on verbal last year. This year i got both! :)

-Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I found the sat surprisingly easy. I was amazed at how simple it was, and found out why i not only found it easier, but also came out better than a good friend.

It's all down to how you answer the questions (sounds obvious, eh?). Basically, with multiple choice answers you get a rough idea of which answers are right (or more usually which are wrong) and work it down. You never go to work out the answer, you just try to eliminate the other choices. My friend kept doing out question after question until he had only half finished his paper and it was time up (at which point he randomly answered all remaining questions). People spend too long on the easy ones and get tired, so they miss the trick ones and then end up not being able to do enough of the others. Or at least that's my (likely flawed) view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I found it pretty easy, but it is multiple choice afterall. I mean, even if you didn't look at the paper you have a pretty good chance of getting 25% on the SATs .. I dunno, I found it easy enough. So were the dats, except that clerical speed and accuracy one -- I got like 65% on that ... that sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

Sven's (likely flawed) view is what I meant to say....that's just too much writing for me to handle at one sitting :)

Oh yeah - when the hell do you get your DAT results?! We finally got to do them this year after 2 years of saying we'd do them,but we never got our results back.... :S

• Advertisement
Advertisement