Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real player etc are worse than M$

• 21-07-2001 1:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">or are they owned by m$?</font>

No. They're actually Microsoft's only real competitor in the media market, and the battle's getting pretty nasty. Personally, I think the Real Player sucks, and always sucked. But so does Windows Media Player. Media on the Internet bites - I don't see the point until we all have broadband.

adam

[This message has been edited by dahamsta (edited 21-07-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

i loaded get right recently and found it hilarious that it asked me if i wanted to remove real download...i said yes cuz i didnt even realize it was there...i only wanted real player basic...

BAttle of the apps fighting it out on my desktop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Not too sure but i thought to you could dload a plugin for Winamp to play all media type files...Winamp being the best thing since sliced bread of course!

Farls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

is it me or are their programs...real download, real jukebox etc...more intrusive than microsoft? or are they owned by m$? ffs if u cant beat em join em i guess.

all i wanted was to watch big brother website, had to dl their shíte...now real everything is autostarting and taking over file types etc... u really have to dig to remove all that stuff too. in the end i had to remove real jukebox, couldnt figure how to stop it opening up when i inserted a cd...even tho i took off that check box in program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Yep. I don't even use Real anymore. If the site has real support then I don't look at the site.

RealPlayer is spyware and really is quite cancerous in how it installs itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Real download is meant to report back to the real player site, telling it what you are d/l, were your getting it from and were its going on your computer

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement