Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MP3 Management Software

• 29-05-2002 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Try Webattacks top MP3 utils

I use Dapyx MP3 Explorer
    Dapyx MP3 Explorer 1.96
    MP3 database manager

Dapyx MP3 Explorer is a powerful MP3 database manager, that is easy to use and has some advanced features including an ID3 tag editor (both v1 and v2), auto-tagging from file name, and also includes a powerful searching and filtering options. The program will automatically scan your MP3 files and sort them into catgories by artist, genre, year and more. In addition, you can add your own comments and ratings or create and print reports in various formats (HTML, PDF, RTF, XML, TXT and other). Dapyx MP3 Explorer integrates with Winamp or your default MP3 player and it allows importing or exporting playlists (M3U and PLS).

It makes a playlist like this

It doesnt do the album covers but has a good ID3 tag editor.

I'd give the software 9/10

Pros: Fast
    Makes reports of all your mp3's
    Intergrates with winamp and can engue mp3s to playlist
    Can rate MP3's in it

Cons: Its Shareware
    Doesn't do the album covers
    Doesnt support WMA yet (we can live with out that)

I'd highly recommend it.

Also loads nearly 3000 mp3's in a couple of secs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 obi-1

winamp 3 has that kind of feature builtin. you can get a beta at the moment, but there is no point spending hours organising your mp3z with one software and then in two months redoing it all over again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

sounds like ya want MusicMatch Jukebox.
    Ya can have your jpeg image of the cd and organsize them into albums or whatever. Handy for recordin mp3's from your cds too.
    The new? version 6 is skinnable too. Personally i don't like it for playin cos its just too big, i like a nice skinny winamp thats tooked away in the cornor totatally unorganised :) But i think MusicMatch Jukebox is definitly what your looking for. I don't think it has a rating thingy tho, mmmm sounds like a nice idea, maybe ya could get a plugin for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Heres the link to MusicMatch Jukebox 7.1 one. Haven't tried this version yet but i'm sure its much the same.

Didn't like it at all
    thought it was crappy.
    Winamp is better i think imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

MM Jukebox is an all in one package that

Rips Audio
    Plays Files(mp3,wma etc)
    Converts filetypes
    Burns to CD
    Displays Album Cover
    MusicMatch Radio

mp3PRO Encoding
    Great sounding music, half the hard drive space
    Super Tagging w/ Album Art
    Automatically tag tracks with album art with just one click!
    WatchFolders
    Automatically adds new tracks to your library
    My WishList
    Keep track of the music you like in one convenient place
    Volume Leveling
    Create consistent volume for all you music
    MUSICMATCH Burner Plus
    The most powerful burning solution gets even better

It has good features but i`m a massive fan of winamp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yea, I use both Winamp2.8 and Winamp3..

Winamp had a database thingy in it which allows you to organise your mps and stuff but never use it. I have 5.8gigs of mp3s and have them sorted into folders:

A,B,C etc for songs
    C\Counting Crows for albums and bands whom i have many songs...

When you have just under 1700 you need some way of organising them :D:D:D

Thats why i use Dapyx cause ive 2800 i think and its really easy to use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I've just installed Dapyx to see what all the fuss was about...

Nice one PPC - this program rocks - my life is now complete (well nearly - must post up on the personal issues board :D:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just tried Dapyx, and I like it. One small problem is that it doesn't say which files have ID3 v1 tags, and which files have ID3 v2 tags.

Some files have both, but some files have one and not the other, and vice versa.

- Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Another vote for Dapyx here, I installed it after seeing it on this thread and it is an excellent program. My only fuss is that it won't just look like the rest of my programs, it insists on using it's own funky title bar and such. A minor problem though, it's functionality is perfect.

Dapyx 1
    Ohter MP3 Management Software 0

I found it on a Warez site oneday and said i'd give it a go.
    Then i found out Webattack had it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

warez are bad

I know but if you want to try a product then its good :)
    never would have come accross it otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 paws

check this out...

http://www.moodlogic.net

Really interesting plugin (commercial, but there's a free trial mode) that draws upon a huge database of already-categorised music to sort out your own collection. Depending on your collection, it'll recognise a lot of your songs and will automatically categorise them by year/genre etc. and it can fix up your tags automatically. The coolest thing I noticed was if you have a song but the name is wrong: it can take a good stab at guessing the name based on track length and other stuff.

You can either pay for the plugin, or else categorise songs that aren't already in the main database...I think for every five songs you profile, you get 25 more free credits (i.e. you can have moodlogic add another 25 of your mp3s to its playlists).

I'd love if the trial was a bit more extensive, since being able to generate genre-based playlists just my clicking a button is very appealing....

paw

Advertisement