Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane.................

Options
  • 29-05-2002 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

Mcd, what have we done to deserve your generosity?????????? not content with giving us U2 and the Chill Peppers last year, they outdo themselves yet again by offering up to us on a plate.............DRUMROLL..................

STEREOPHONICS!

NICKELBACK!!

COUNTING ****S!!!

THE REVS!!!!

WHAT FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p :p:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

hands up. im not gonna be there with that line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeuch
    i will not be going, nor will i be goign to the english festivals. witnness looks by far the best, at least theres some bands i really love playing there, so i dont feel so guity about paying so much for a ticket. But all the festivals bar witnness have bands playing, who's songs i only know 1 or 2 of, and i dont like. roll on witnness!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BEHOLD!

Hmmmm....
    Nickelback are ridiculous.
    Stereophonics are bland and not very good.
    The Revs arent worth talking about.
    Counting Crows are an excellent band...wonder why the fuc k they signed up for such a bogie line up.
    Sure sure...Eyeliner Boy isnt impressed by anything other than JJ72....but they are a good band....knock the b o l l o x outta the rest of those "bands".

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

Mr. Eyeline guy?

are you ok?

do you need help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

well that'll mean i won't be as broke this year as i was last year.... if that line-up really manages to pull 80 000 there's something seriously wrong with the world. i'm beginning to feel slane shouldn't be on every year, there are a lot of times when there's just no act big enough...

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Agreed , a terrible line up , how can they hope to get 80 000 to that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭slash99

It truly is a sh**e line up..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

On a side note ...best of luck to the Revs , I'm not a fan by any stretch of the imagination but fair play to them and their crew they've worked hard!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

Originally posted by My name is Mud
    Mr. Eyeliner guy?

are you ok?

do you need help?

oh yeah, too ****ing right I do! thanks for your concern though! can you help me????????

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

ok that doesn't make a lick of sense.

i suggest making sense.

thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Another sympton of the homogenised culture we encourage...

Anyone remember when ugly people could get famous and got into the charts?

Congrats to the Revs though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

doves are playing aswell and thats good
    but theres still no way i'm going, such a ****in m.o.r. line up counting crows
    stereophonics
    nickleback
    what was simply red, sting, and hootie and the blowfish unavailable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 SomeFink

to be fair its a bit more listenable than robbie williams :)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

what a putrid line-up! there's no way that'll sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Damm, no SIX in the line-up either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

At least this means more people will have to acknowledge the Counting Crows, who are the only decent group playing, (and the Doves!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by sirpsycho
    Damm, no SIX in the line-up either...

Sum 41 are rumored to be playing, they're sorta like a spiky-haired SIX.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Not a fan of Stereophonics but i heard them play at Slane a few years ago really enjoyed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

I'd consider going for the Counting Crows and Doves, but the rest can bugger off..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i hate the counting crows, that mr. jones song has to be one of the most annoying songs ever written. i like colorblind, but thats about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

jesus that is one fuc*ed up line up , oh yes nickleback would remind me alright , remind me of what a crap band they are , stereophonics would be doing a lot of that bartender tune i reckon because thats who id be spending the day talking to if they were playing , i dont mind the revs but i wouldnt just go to see them , never heard anything by counting crows , so the only hope id be going on is that their not too bad ..................guess i wont be going so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Alligator_Snap

Yeah, Nickelback are ok, Stereophonics are bland, Counting Crows are class and The revs are pretty overrated, and how much are the tickets for this thing again...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

it's like poo on a stick in gig format

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Vert

No matter who played this year... it was still gonna be a dissapointment to "Some" people...
    if slane wasn't on..."some" people would complain...
    I've been to the heniken weekend..
    Have my tickets for Witnness and The RCHP
    and i'm gonna get tickets for slane too..
    Not becuase i think it's the greatest line up ever... but it's gonna be a great day out with some "decent" tunes in the backround!

I bet everyone ends up getting a ticket coz a friend of a friend is going who is bringing along this really cute girl who you kinda know and want to get to know her better ......or along those lines!

see yous all at Slane so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Leila

That has to be the crappest line up in the history of rock bar none
    MCD obviously have their fingers on the pulse of a decomposing geriatric cadaver
    The stereophonics are the lamest band to have ever walked
    down the middle of the road with their 'anthemic' singalong tunes about feic all and 'passionate vocals
    Plus I dont how how I feel about all this 'good luck' and 'fair play' to the Revs
    Mediocre bands shot be bludgeoned to death at birth
    Its not enough for bands to be hardworking -they have to be fantastic otherwise whats the point?
    This is how we end up with crap like Nickleback and the Stereophonics in the first place

Im choking on my own rage here
    Better sign off for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭slash99

MCD obviously have their fingers on the pulse of a decomposing geriatric cadaver

I'm with Leila on this!!

Ahh, i dunno!!!!!!!

ive printed out a sheet with the slane lineup on it, and even had a **** over the sheet in the hope that somehow, some way, the line might look more appealing (your wonderful narrators semen can make most things look appealing)..................but im saddened to admit that no amount of arse ridden love juice can improve that lineup!

If YOU have any suggestions, be sure to post them!!!!

as you can see........some of that semen has also gotten onto the keyboard, causing line up to look like 'line'................please excuse this

Advertisement