Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HI-Speed Bonus <- Withdrawn?

Options
  • 29-05-2002 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Can anyone else confirm if the Eircom hi-speed bonus offer has been withdrawn; and no longer available to existing, or potential subscribers?

According to the "Rep" I queried last night this bonus has now been superceded by Eircom's latest ISDN reduction (€44 down to €37, etc).

Ok, this is the first I've heard of it, and after doing the math, I'm winding up paying Eircom more. Hell, I didn't even get any prior warning from them!

Many thanks,
    Straker.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Hate to disappoint you but they did away with the Hi-Speed bonus thingy alright. There was a notice in the papers about a month or six weeks ago informing the public of this. Any changes Eircom makes they always put a little notice (usually at the very bottom left-hand corner of a page where nobody will notice it) in the papers.

I remember seeing this at the time and thinking, "Jeez, pity the poor people on Hi-Speed getting shafted like this again," but promptly forgot about it again. Sorry! Maybe I should have posted something up here about it. However, as I said, it's sad but true. Eircom have ditched this scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭infomat

Originally posted by Straker
    Can anyone else confirm if the Eircom hi-speed bonus offer has been withdrawn; and no longer available to existing, or potential subscribers?

According to the "Rep" I queried last night this bonus has now been superceded by Eircom's latest ISDN reduction (€44 down to €37, etc).

Ok, this is the first I've heard of it, and after doing the math, I'm winding up paying Eircom more. Hell, I didn't even get any prior warning from them!

Many thanks,
    Straker.

Had you applied for the bonus?
    and did you every actually get the discount?

Unfortunately this scheme was withdrawn ... when I applied for ISDN I was told that I would get the discount but after months of complaining about not receiving the discount I was informed that I did not qualify as I had a business account but when I applied for another scheme I was told that I did not qualify because my line was residential (I must have some sort of hybrid service !!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Straker

Thanks for alleviating by suspicious mind, Folks. ;)

Infomat: I "was" an existing user... and had been paying the subscription up until this month's bill. It worked out as a modest €13~ bi-monthly saving, ex. VAT.

It definitely is a shame this bonus no longer exists. IMHO it was a step in the right direction; "a bonus for time online".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭212.2.179.66

Once again they have shown what a shower of "$"&_&"_$ they are. And to make it worse they know they can get away with it :(

Advertisement