Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lan Parties Board

• 29-05-2002 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

I request tat me [and poosibly all others who were wrongfully banned from lan parties] to b reinstated. all i did was write about my experience in dnc. apart from wat i said ive nothin but praise for dnc, its the only net cafe i go to. at least give us a plausable reason why we were banned

Cheers
    Jim :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I second this.

I've seen the post and the subsequent posts from the others.....I think the subsequent posts were uncalled for but I don't see how Jim's warranted a ban.

Pls reconsider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Humm. A plausable reason would be good. I was with Jim when this happened and it was kinda annoying... but I was in dNC the next day and had no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

from lan parties charter
    Any post anywhere bad mouthing a cafe from anyone (particularly another cafe) is not on.

The board is for lan parties not for discussing the ups and downs of different cafes.
    That has been the rule on the boards for a fairly long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

I would tend to agree that you were treated a bit harsh Jimeat. You only made an opinion. Your best bet is to pm mindphuck and explain(nicely) your point of view.

P.S. LOL at idiot boy "im sure you had a guy called loki" Yes his parents named him loki....MUPPET!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Jim, you got banned by MP as a temporary ban due to teh mass muppetry that followed. I know thats not your problem but the situation became very critical very quickly.

In fact I reviewed your account subsequently while banning the others and you arent a muppet and I'll ask MP to unban you.

HOWEVER, what you posted could have been actionable if untrue as it satisfied all other criteria and MP reacted with caution in the context of the muppetry.
    Just go easy on the criticism as you didnt say anything about any good times you had (if memory serves) and you could have been more balanced. In the light in which the post found itself, you can appreciate how it looked.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Jim,

At the time, I was thinking your post was just a beginning of an array of muppet spam posts and to be honest, because you were bitching about a cafe, it resulted in a banning.

If you Read the charter and then you get no red cards and then there is no issues. I will unban you to be fair.

The other people who got banned, stay banned.

I have had an idea tho, Im actually thinking of doing a review of Net Cafes and visiting each one in-cognito and doing a nice review on the boards for all to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

visiting each one in-cognito

Will you go in drag or the usual fake moustache and glasses? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

sorry, i didnt read the charter, thanks for gettin me unbanned, i wont do it again anyway.

[i, however, did say tat i posted it there cause i didnt no where else to post it]

BTW. i DID tell a someone in dnc wen i was finished tat internet explorer and dod wasnt workin, she just said "ok" and charged me.

[still, no hard feelings eh :) ]

Regi,

heh, yeah. Tho, it will be mighty difficult in some cases as most of the cafe ppl know my ugly mush.

Could I borrow your transvestite outfit dan?... that might work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I can just see you now Eric, flowery dress, false beard... lookin' sexy :)

We should probably get someone to do a review that we don't know too well, otherwise the reviewer will be getting the star treatment and will make the whole exercise pointless.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    sorry, i didnt read the charter, thanks for tryin to get me unbanned, i wont do it again anyway.

[i, however, did say tat i posted it there cause i didnt no where else to post it]

gary@doesnotcompute.ie feel free to let me know

Naa, just a 50 in a paper bag plz. I come cheap :)

Seriously, I was thinking of reviewing the cafes, giving an honest and non-biased view of the various spots around the town. Sure, if someone does the 'star' treatment, I think I'll reckognise it tbh for what it is. Anyway, it'll be good fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Might be better to do it on room101.org - and keep any opinions of the netcafes off boards.ie (adhering to the rules - set an example and what not).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

nice idea mindphuck, ill do a couple for ya if u want [even one on dnc ;) ]

Yeah greenbean,

Thats a fair point. It would probably be better if I had someone come along with me aswell to give two points of view. Anyone interested?

Originally posted by MindPhuck
    Yeah greenbean,

Thats a fair point. It would probably be better if I had someone come along with me aswell to give two points of view. Anyone interested?

I'll do it, sure I'm not biased at all ;)

Seriously though there are a large amount of net cafes in Dublin right now so good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

How would you go about rating these cafes? on Speed, PC's etc?
    It would take you a few weeks to do it if it was for EVERY net cafe in Dublin.. why not try only the ones in the City Center first?

Advertisement