Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

big brother 3

• 29-05-2002 11:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

well, im hooked already
    and u can give out to me all you want for watching and ebing a nosy neighbour but seeing as i was adamantly against it during big brother 1, it has no affect on me, seeing as i changed my tune so much!!!
    so what does everyone think?
    I quite like Alex (the whole constipation thing was hilarious...although not for him im sure) and i know everyone hates jade, but i havent found her annoying at all!maybe i not watching it eneough. sinita is a bit depressing, but im starting to feel sorry for her. Lynne pissed me off by having a go at spencer.
    so...whats your views?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

i like spencer, cos hes from cambridge like me and worked in a pub i know, so hes got my vote!! i think theyre a lot more interesting than the last lot, and i am complketely addicted already, but then again, ive got a lot of time on my hands! whos gonna win the cash baby???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I think it's benefitting from the fact that there's hardly anything on TV worth watching these days, I know I keep catching part of it because there's nothing else on, and it's the kind of show that draws you in if you keep watching (I've ended up watching the last 2 series religiously after being drawn in slowly over a few weeks :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 huzzar

im hookd aswell, to a certain extent! i dnt hav E4!!!(sob!!) really mad into it,
    jade i actually dont mind at all,
    spencer needs a good bath,
    jonny......toenails??? HELLO !
    alison, something tells me thats shes "false",
    sunita.....please oh please evict her(plus she wants to go home!) sandy, am? no go area! pj...alrite,
    linda "oh look at me" other wise alrite,
    adele, i like her, very dwn to earth,
    lynne, snotty!
    alex, cute but lets sat me and linda wud make a PERFECT couple!
    pj, keeps to himself, cant help but kinda likin him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

kate seems good to
    whats false about allison?
    well..my opinions are:
    pj> dont know him enough yet, seems cool
    lynne> she's my choice to go, she VERY annoying
    sinita> she moany, but i like her, and id bet she'd cause ructions
    Jade> i quite like her, she seems really sweet
    alex>phwaor. keep him in anyway. i didnt like him at first, but the constipation thing was GREAT!
    spencer> another one who should be kept in. i felt sorry for him when lyyne had a go at him for being cocky
    allison> seems cool, dont know much of her
    sandy> is apparantly very funny and cool but i ahvent seen any of this yet. and also apparantly he was sick???
    Kate> the guys'll love her, and she seems fun too
    adele> quiet, and ocne again, i dont kno her well enough to comment
    Johnny> annoying. laurene laverne slagged him off and i like her so im ogign with her! the toenail thing was gross too
    lee> i love his eyes! there so nice? is it just me or does he have a crush on adele?
    ok, so thats my....12 cents!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

It's pretty interesting watching live on tv at like 3:30 when they should be asleep but their playin tricks on each other.

What gets on my nerves is the whole "We apologise for gaps in the sound this i sdue to complience and legal reasosn" and you miss entire conversations!!!!

• Advertisement

its SO annoying!!!!!! how can that much be blocked out, i dont understand.
    big brother's little brother is good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 leejon

At the moment the girls are all whispering together in the bedroom, which is annoying as at this late they don't block any sound but we still can't hear them. Thank go for night shifts and E4 on analogue NTL!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Big positive point

They all started to slap each other - god wish I could of been there ;)

i cannot believe sinita left
    i know it was hard for her in their, but what a wasted opportunity! and i liked her!
    please let lynne go tomorrow
    hey, does anyone know the number for texting your vote in?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I can't believe anyone watches the show, its worse than watching paint dry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by kaids
    I can't believe anyone watches the show, its worse than watching paint dry

Exactly. If there is nothing else on tele, then why dont you listen to some music or go outside or read a book. There are a lot more interesting things to do than watch some people locked inside a house talking.

Well beleive it or not, it appears more people then ever are watching Big Brother this year, so I'll hazard a guess and say we'll get at least 2 more series :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Originally posted by Makaveli
    watch some people locked inside a house talking.

In practice it's not quite like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Originally posted by huzzar

linda "oh look at me" other wise alrite,

Who's Linda ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

I intend to stay as far away from that dumb, boring, yet strangely addictive show as possible..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by Spiffing

In practice it's not quite like that.

Perhaps not, but why watch other people do things that you could just do instead. I mean why watch them read a book when you could do it yourself and be a lot more entertained.

The highlights show the more interesting bits ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Man....if I was back in Ireland I'd be tempted to watch this one. If only to see someone inevitably crack up over not knowing about the World Cup results, let alone not seeing the matches. There has to be one soccer fan in there surely.....

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

i think its fairly good
    kate and adele are so fit!!!!

if u dont like big brother fair enough, but i started this thread for all of us who are addicted!it doesnt matter how much u give out to us, we dont care, were not gonna stop watching it so let us natter in peace!!! ;)

so lynne got kicked out last night?
    good, i was ****ting it jade would be the one to go, coz i quite like her. and i hate lynn, so im glad shes gone!woohoo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

if u dont like big brother fair enough, but i started this thread for all of us who are addicted

Well said!. I bloody hate when people interrupt a thread, with something completey off topic. This thread is a positive one, if you don't have anything positive to say, why don't you start a "I think Big Brother is crap thread!", and start your own gang. :)

I was going to go to bed early tonight, but got dragged in to it, when they (Spencer, Kate, Johnny, Jade, PJ) started "camping" out in the back garden. I was waiting for PJ and Jade to get together (but nothing had happened before I came online about 10 mins ago). Half way through the whole sleeping thing outside, Jade went in to the house, and PJ followed seconds later. He said to her (casually), "Your boyfriend, is going to kill me if he see's us messing about". She didn't give him a straight answer, and when they went back outside, she was nearly hopping on top of him, they were so close. AFAIK they are all asleep now. Kate is really sticking to her guns, when she says No to Spencer. But you have to give it to the lad, for not giving up.

Johnny had me in stitches laughing earlier on, when he joined them out the back. He was taking off the guy who gives out the numbers you should ring/txt to nominate etc. He was saying things like
    "Day 9", Alex wakes on the sofa, to find a number of his housemates have died from Hypothermia in the back garden
    and
    "Day 9", The group wake up (in the back garden) to find themselves covered in bird sh1t.
    and
    "Day 8", The group have fled in terror after Johnny started masterbating furiously under the covers, in the back garden.

*priceless* :D

Say what you like, but reality TV rules ;)

;-phobos-)

Someone stuff a cushion in Adele's gob. She never has anything good to say about anyone (except herself I'm sure).

I hope her and Alex are up for eviction next week, because God help me, Jade (aka Pigface) is beginning to grow on me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by bonkey
    Man....if I was back in Ireland I'd be tempted to watch this one. If only to see someone inevitably crack up over not knowing about the World Cup results, let alone not seeing the matches. There has to be one soccer fan in there surely.....

jc

I doubt ther'll be much footy chat in there to be honest! When the most laddish guy (<- admittedly from the little I saw so far) in the house (ie the "cocky" bloke who was getting stick off that Scotish burd) lists Michael Jackson as his favorite performer then you can see that there might be a "camp" conspiracy on the part of the pickers who probably thought 12 graham norton wannabe's would be more entertaining than the drab bunch they had last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Well, they knew when it was going to be on, so I'm guessing not many huge football fans applied :).

yeah WHAT is the story there, with jade and pj
    and oh, alex is turning into a knob!!! thats not fair!!!!!
    johnny was very funny but very bitchy
    i didnt see kate rejecting spencer
    im missing all the best bits
    whats the new housemate like, sophie????

Originally posted by thedrowner
    alex is turning into a knob!!! thats not fair!!!

Alex always was...from night 1...he's just getting worse and worse

Sophie is teh fittest :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭yankinlk

First Nomination

Adele nominates Alex and Alison
    Alex nominates Jonny and Alison
    Alison nominates Alex and Jade
    Jade nominates Alex and Alison
    Jonny nominates Alex and Sandy
    Kate nominates Alex and Sandy
    Lee nominates Alex and Alison
    Lynne nominates x x
    PJ nominates Alex and Sandy
    Sandy nominates Jonny and Alison
    Sophie x x
    Spencer nominates Alex and Sandy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭NÏTRÔ²º¹³¦-&#22

(hey drowner)

i hate to say it, but i havent gotten into this one. its kinda crap.
    maybe i havent watched it enough. i missed all of b b 1 cos of holidays, i misse half of bb 2 coz of holidays and now i just havent been watching it at al this time. i liked the second one but this one i just find boring. great idea, just better first time 'round. theres not the same audience as there was for the first ones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭NÏTRÔ²º¹³¦-&#22

i can give you my predictions though, i bet either alex or sandy will win. and maybe that hot chick. (dont know her name)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

This year's series lacks 2 things:

An irish member
    Someone with a guitar

Other than that its ok but BB1 is still my fav.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Deathtobertie

Is Jade the secret lovechild of Martin Clunes of Men Behaving Badly fame?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Does anyone else find it very annoying when they cut the audio on E4? I mean their conversations are so boring that you get the feeling that the only interesting stuff the manage to moan about during the day is the stuff we don't even get to hear?

Does anyone else find it very annoying when they cut the audio on E4? I mean their conversations are so boring that you get the feeling that the only interesting stuff the manage to moan about during the day is the stuff we don't even get to hear?

I completely agree with you there (as would everyone else, I'm sure), but let's try and stay on topic, with regards what's going on. The posts regarding characters, events, and nominations are the most interesting to read. ;)

Anyway. I have been assessing Sophie's character for the past couple of hours, and I think that she is a tad quiet. When I first tuned in today, she seemed to be spending time alone in the garden, with a "****it, why did I come in here :(" expression on her face. But then later on, she seemed to be well in "the girls gang".

A lot of people are saying that they don't like this BB over previous ones. I disagree, because out of all the people in the house, I like them all apart from Sandy, Alex. But having said that, I think keeping Alex, could lead to some entertaining viewing if he keeps his attitude up. Like come on, he lives a very strict lifestyle (more so, than any other member in the house), there are bound to be future clashes. Sandy is just a boring git, who is just in it for the money, coz he has as much character as a brick wall.

Also someone mentioned a guitar (and the lack thereof), I agree, twould be good if we had some musicians in the house.

All in all I think it's going quite well so far, because we have 2 potential relationships, Alex's rants and 2 fine looking birds to keep us entertained. Kate is really looking to get some sexual attention, while on TV. Like the way she flaunts herself, between clothing and poses. I say keep it up, (and so will I ;) )

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 papajoe

jade and the black one deserve to lose because of their fatness alone.
    I could overlook jade's fatness and her similarities to a pig if she weren't so annoying.

• Advertisement

I'm actually liking this one because it's all out war in the house. Last time everyone was all "I love you" for ages - but you can feel the tension this time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I think they should be alloed to bring in guns. It would make it really interesting. Think of the ratings.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by Pigman

You could put money on a pay channel next year for BB4. Uncut, unedited, uncensored for a measly £4.99 a day......

well...i would like to see alex stay, coz hes so good looking
    sandy hasnt pissed me off yet
    the reason there are no guitars this year is because they have made it illegal to bring them into the house.

i think alex will be up for eviction, with possibly johnny, jade or adele, or sandy.

sophie is supposed to be flirting with all the lads, and not at all feminine, a/c to june sarpong!

if it was me, i'd nominate jade (i liked her, but when she started crying in front of lynne on friday i thought that was very inconsiderate) and johnny.

and to the person who was giving out about fatness on BB> get over it! it wouldn't be a reality tv show if everyone had the perfect figure/attidue!!!

I know people are bound to have their favourite characters (and most hated), but since I don't share the same opinion for Johnny as thedrowner, what are your reason for wanting the lad out?

Just curious :)
    Coz I think he's the next funny guy this year.

;-phobos-)

• Advertisement

The sound is cut on E4/C4 live coverage when the housemates mention any brand names/companies and individuals (friends and otherwise).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Rufus T Firefly

A quick scout around the C4 site reveals that on-line voting popularity to be as follows (most popular first): 1. Spencer. 2. Adele. 3. Jonny. 4. Sophie. (mmmmmm) 5. Alison 6. Sunita (gone but still gorgeous) 7. Sandy 8. Kate 9. Lee 10 Alex 11. Jade 12. PJ.

High points so far? Early morning workout from Adele - God I love that girl's biceps. Sunita before a game of hide and seek saying "I'm not hiding in a cupboard. I'm a 25 year old qualified barrister for Chrissakes!" (Thereby proving you can be both beautiful and pompous). And of course Weegate.

And sorry, Jade is not growing on me. She has the personality of Waynetta Slob and a face you'd never tire of slapping. Jonny I feel is trying a bit too hard, but he's a good larf all the same. Kate's cute but dull, Lee's not cute but still dull and Sandy comes across as having the answer to everything in life just because he managed to get old and ugly. And a special mention for Alex. What a preening, pouting, sanctimonious git with all the social graces of a sulky 10 year old. Twat.

Winner? Adele or Sophie. Purely on personality of course.

Sandy comes across as having the answer to everything in life just because he managed to get old and ugly.

It's funny cos it's true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

The sounds cuts on E4 r really annoying. I know they say they have them there cuz they have to adhere to daytime programming laws but they cut it out sometimes when they aren't talking about anything bad. Like they cut it out when they were talking about seasme street characters!! Also at night time like 11:30 onwards why do they cut out bits. its late then so kids won't be watching it!! Does anybody have the email to mail and complain about it!

Has anyone noticed that on E4, during the day their excuse is because "it must be fit for daytime viewing".

Then when it's no longer day time they still bloody cut it, but change their excuse to, "it must comply with broadcasting regulations".

I mean, WTF ;)

Also someone mentioned, it gets cut when they mention the names of induviduals. I don't think that's entirely true, because when Johnny was telling the group last night about his most embarrasing moment (which had me in stitches laughing), he mentioned his friends/family names. But you're right about commercial stuff, coz they were swearing left, right, and centre the other night, and we heard it all.

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Yeah but if they mention companys or anything like that it has to be cut.
    if you look some of the products have the names blocked out with masking tape and stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I think that allison, sandy and allex are the funniest contestants in BB this year. Who cares if so & so is goos looking? Its not as if ur going to see her naked! Get a ****ing life! The show is all about ammusement! If u want good looking chicks but a ****ing mag! It pisses me off when I hear other blokes talking about tv shows in the context of goodlooking chicks. If they spent as much time trying to actually score real life crackers themselves they'd be alot better.
    Ou, lets look at BB all day so we can check out a half decent chick fully clothed or maybe in a tight t-shirt- .........big ****ing deal!!!!
    Why not just perve on the bird next door (like I do) or walk own grafton sst on a sunny day or even better but a ****ing porno mag!
    the only reason BB is any way decent this year is bcause of the bitchiness especially surrounding that twat alex. Thats why I want him kept in. Allison is the only girl in the gaf who doesnt give a to$$ and is up 4 a laugh, keep her in 2!]RANT OVER!

to who ever it was who asked (im too drunk to check right now) i dont like johnny coz i think hes a bit too much of a bitch and two faced, whereas i find alex a bit more real than that. johnny wuld kind of get on your nerves
    i loved sandy's descrition of johnny, kate and allision being the big brother lions, and jade being a tiger, and coming along and saying " i think i'll talk to you guys...why do i ahve stripes????"
    he he
    of the three who were nomineated (alex, sandy and allison) i'd kick allision out, i think shes a bit boring and i prefer the other two, especially for argument value.

they cut out bits of sound during the day due to cursing and the mentioning of products/companies and they cut sound out at night due to the latter.

Nooo Alex must go. Irritating, pretentious, obnoxious and I think he might be gay lol

Alison "the lioness that ate one to many antelopes" - what a class line ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

that spencer chap is a legend.

kate goes over and sits on his lap and the rest of them start going....whit woo and such stuff.

kate says, if i sat on alison's lap....no one would say anything.
    spencer says...that's cos alison won't get an erection.

• Advertisement
Advertisement