Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

big brother 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Rufus T Firefly

Pugwall raises an interesting point - are we expected to notice and comment upon the attractiveness of the various constestants? Er, actually yes. The expressed stated intent of the producers for this season's show was to up the sexual ante.

So this season, no gay or lesbian contestants. Just straight (if you'll pardon the expression) heterosexual interaction. No canoodling den down the end of the garden - which might seem strange, but the theory is that this will bring all the romantic interplay into the open. And the contestants themselves are less minging (as you young people say) including the guys. Does anyone actually think Alex was chosen for his wit and easy-going charm?

It's working - viewing figures are up - and Channel 4 are milking it for all it's worth. "SOPHIE says she doesn't fancy Lee, but do the housemates believe her?" "WHO'S whispering sweet nothings during late night chats in the Big Brother garden?" "Guess who fancies Jonny? And guess who told him to his face?" "PJ And Jade Get Even Cosier: ICE CREAM, flirting and bed-sharing between Jade and PJ ..." "Who's the most fanciable BB guy?" All taken from the BB official website.

The surprise in all this is Jade. From the outside she may look like a pitbull with lipstick, but her fleshy, pouting charms are beginning to gain admirers inside the house. From a sociological perspective you could say that as a working class girl her sexuality is closer to the surface than her middle-class peers, less restrained and disguised by conditioning and manners. Or you could just she's one of those girls who looks like she'd rattle like a post after three bottles of Stag.

But is this all a good susbstitute for decent left-handed reading material? No, it's just mildly titillating - and intended to be so. Guys go 'phwoarr' at Kate and Sophie and girls go 'phwoar' at Alex and Lee (so I'm told).

It all keeps it fresh I suppose, but I have a worry. By drawing more attention to attractiveness and sexuality, it allows these issues greater sway in both voting and nomination. Don't believe me? The three nominees this week are the too pretty to live Alex and by far and away the two ugliest - Sandy and Alison. I'm guessing Sandy will go.

The ones that tend to win BB are the 'inert centres' of the house. The dull, almost asexual Craig and the gay and unthreatening Brian. Spencer could well be this year's dark (and dull) horse.

The great fascination of Big Brother for me is that's it's like Lord Of The Flies for (not very) grown-ups. Social conditioning crumbles and people are by turns argumentative, flirty, vindictive and petty. Thank God for Adele's biceps.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

Originally posted by the celtic tiger
    that spencer chap is a legend.

kate goes over and sits on his lap and the rest of them start going....whit woo and such stuff.

kate says, if i sat on alison's lap....no one would say anything.
    spencer says...that's cos alison won't get an erection.

lmao...Priceless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I wish u could change the view of what u're watching, like flick between the different cameras. I think they can do that in england. Cuz sometimes it pure boring what they r showing, and there is good stuff on in the house. Like this morning they had it on sandy run circles in the pool, I just left it on while i was on the computer, but it was on for ages!! I think that would make it really cool if u could do that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by the celtic tiger
    that spencer chap is a legend.

kate goes over and sits on his lap and the rest of them start going....whit woo and such stuff.

kate says, if i sat on alison's lap....no one would say anything.
    spencer says...that's cos alison won't get an erection.

i like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah they show loads of stupid things like sandy reading for 20 minutes and the outside of the diary room
    i would LOVE if they showed the diary room scenes during live coverage.
    i dont know, the housemates are a lot prettier this year, but i still would prefer brians wit over their good looks anyday. And i wouldnt blame the increase in viewing on prettier housemates, i would say tis because of the increasing profile of the show over the past 3 years. its why ratings go up higher from the start of the season till the last. For me, i watched it more towards the end of the series last year, and at the start of this series, am watching more than last time, as a follow on from last year, because i know and like the show better.

i want alex and sandy to stay coz i think they'll bring more action to the house....i reckon someone flies a plane over the garden to inform them that kate was boiling her knickers in the saucepan they have their dinner cooked fomr...see what riots that starts!!!!

and alex isnt gay, a/c to heat magazine, who enquired about his past (lovers). no, they said there was a surprise gay contestant, and i think that was adele. well.shes bisexual. but she only cam out on saturday wasnt it?

theres a lot more romance this year then last year, but there's been more contestants too.

oh my FAVOURITE quote so far is when alex and alison were rowing and she screamed at him

"if you wanna talk behind my back do it to my face"

yeah, i reckon spencer will be the dark horse and win. i wouldnt mind adele winning, or jade-well...to be quite honest i still havent made up my mind on them eyt, we'll have to wait and see as the weeks go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by thedrowner
    and alex isnt gay, a/c to heat magazine, who enquired about his past (lovers). no, they said there was a surprise gay contestant, and i think that was adele. well.shes bisexual. but she only cam out on saturday wasnt it?

I'd have my doubts about Alex :D

As for Adele, the "oh my god you can't be serious and/or your a big freak" Lee gave Adele when she was on about being a bisexual virgin was class! The two of them deserve each other though....the two of them have as much personality combined as a piece of sponge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Yeah you're right about Adele coz she's apparently a Dj on the outside, so I thought she would be more of the extrovert of the group. All she seems to do is nod, and agree with people while they rant. She's not a bad person, and not someone I would like to see out.

Lee is definately got some ladies plan going on. He is jumping from woman to woman, with some mojo motivated performance.
    Some of the things they are saying on BBLB on E4 is quite interesting WRT Lee and his female escapades.

Allisson, is starting to annoy me too. I feel a little bit sorry for her though, coz she's not getting as much attention as she did last week. But having said that, she was just as loud as Jade, which was quite annoying, I was sick of listening to her after a while.

Also I think there are a lot more people watching BB3 because, for starters (yes!), it has an associated media hype, that cannot miss your attention. It has a sub program, called BBLB, and more ways to interact with the show (SMS, Net, DigTV [in UK]). But in Ireland, I think the fact that E4 is part of the standard Cable channels this year has a lot to do with the Irish contribution. I know I wouldn't watch BB3 as much this year, if we didn't have E4.

^ = 2.54c

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

... plus its easily more entertaining than last year... major flirting, romances being kindled, and the mother of all pillow fights :D

(and its only week 2!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

http://bigbrother.digitalspy.co.uk/article.php?art_id=2282

I've been sort of half watching it this far, but if that's accurate, it should get a lot more interesting next week :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭yankinlk

You beat me to it mills...I was thinking that maybe the site was hacked...can it really be true?

House To Be Divided
    Day 15, 15:15

THE housemates are in for a shock tomorrow.

After the live task tomorrow night, Big Brother is going to divide the House in two with a 'luxury' side for the winners and a 'poor' side for the losers.

Many of the housemates thought last week's entertainment quiz task too easy, so Big Brother has ensured that this week's is harder - and there's far more at stake.

The group will be presented with a basketball hoop challenge.

The first five of the remaining ten housemates to shoot a basket will be announced as winners.

Straight after the sporty task Big Brother will tell the winning group to gather together their belongings and head to one bedroom. The losers will be sent to the other.

And while the unsuspecting housemates await their fate, Big Brother will install huge glass bars through the centre of the House.

When they emerge the guys and girls will be shocked to see that they have been literally separated from their counterparts.

And it gets better - or worse - depending which camp they fall into.

The winners will get the comfy sofas and beds, the pool, the luxury bathroom, kitchen and bathroom and hot water and will be awarded with £400 shopping money.

The losers will be left with cold water, basic furniture, the garden's wood-burning oven and basic provisions of rice and pasta.

Being forced to be self-sufficient, the unlucky quintet will then have to supplement these rations with vegetables from the garden and eggs from the chickens as they will get NO shopping budget at all!

The Good Life? Not for the losing team, but definitely for the winners!

That is the best idea I've ever seen on BB3. Imagine if Sandy & Alex got on the good side. Jade and Kate on the bad side, Oh the entertainment prospects, the b1tching, oh the memories of it all.

Jesus what next....

"Big Brother has issued housemates with AK47's, Ammo clips can be obtained in the diary room, Fire At Will, and have a nice day!".

;-phobos-)

alisons gone
    woohoo!
    and cant wait for tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

that split would be great especially if the male model got thrown into the poor side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by thedrowner
    alisons gone
    woohoo!
    and cant wait for tomorrow!

Bloody right! I was so sick of her "oh please everybody tell me I'm not fat" personality.

Lets hope they kick out that boring slaphead next. The guy who just sits around all day drinking snakebite and never says anything cos he's knows deep down what a boring slaphead he is!

Also I like the glass partition idea! The rich side can make the poor side do tricks for food etc. They should keep the wall up for about 2 weeks and then bring the 2 groups back together leading to heartfelt resentment between the housemates.

• Advertisement

which boring slaphead do you mean (not trying to be funny)

Does anyone else think Jade looks like that baby dinosaur of that show "dinosaurs"?

pt1115.jpg

Sorry I don't know his name but I think Jade wants to shag him by the way she's been acting. Poor fella! We'd be doing him a favour to vote him out.

Ahhhh, that would be PJ. Yes, boring slaphead is a very good description. Also the easiest to predict "vote wise". Deep down I think he fancies Spencer...he would do anything Spencer commands.

He doesn't fancy Spencer, he want's to be Spencer. Problem is he isn't Spencer and never will be :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Kate fancies Spencer doesn't she?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Spencer is the God of all mankind. Believe.

Anyway, the sides have been decided. The good side consists of Sandy, Lee, Kate, Sophie and Jonny with the bad (dark?) side being made up of Adele, Jade, Alex, Spencer and PJ. It should be fun to see how drama queen / model Alex survives on ever so basic rations.

Originally posted by Spiffing
    Kate fancies Spencer doesn't she?
    Yup :)

Sandy, Lee, Kate, Sophie, Jonny on the rich side and the others on the poor side.

Rich get £400 budget, all belongings and other luxuries. Poor have rations os basic food including vegetables, no shopping budget and no hot water.

I can imagine Alex complaining of the dust :D

Did you notice, just after the rich side entered the house leaving the poorer ones to fume in the garden, Adele was instantly b1tching at how unfair the game was, and how this and that person cheated. Alex, in all fairness, said that it was fair, because he missed his shot, and will now suffer the consequences. But this is not going down well with Adele.

Having said that, it is going to be interesting to see how he copes with fewer luxuries (and even some basic requirements). Ah well since there's is no hot water, he won't be in such a rush for the shower in the morning. I believe the house has been divided in two (for some of the house mates). Members, such as Sandy (boring, and all) would not handle the situation any different, if he was put on the poor side of the bars, IMO. He wouldnt' give a toss, but seems to be glad to get on to the good side nevertheless.

This is the most interesting task to be introduced to big brother, because it forces divisions (both mentally and physically). While the house was been renovated by the big brother backstage crew, the housemates on the poor side, seemed unhappy & angry. While the people on the good side, were laughing, and suggesting things like, asking the poor housemates what cooking smell would they like to get today, in the kitchen (cruel). The bars is going to make this impossible to bear for the poorer members, and I bet harsh words will follow in the next week. Initially everyone is going to have a laugh, but some will bear grudges underneath their cool/calm exteriors.

Time will tell ;)

;-phobos-)

Hate to burst your bubble but I'm guessing that Alex and Slaphead are going to deal with the bad conditions just fine. It's the three women who are going to make their lives a living hell for the week or however long this division time lasts.

Can't wait til they start killing chickens in order to have something to eat!

Just watching E4 now and apparently this partition will last FOR THE ENTIRE duration of the show! Not just a week or two.

The only way a person can get out of their side of the house is based on their performance in the weekly tasks.

No items can be passed from one side of the house to the other so there's no chance for the rich side to give the benefits of their food budget over to the poor side either!

Hate that!

Originally posted by phobos
    Alex, in all fairness, said that it was fair, because he missed his shot, and will now suffer the consequences. But this is not going down well with Adele.

What bubble would this be, because if you read my post you would see that I actually agree with you there. It is going to be interesting. I was just watching it there on E4, and people on both sides of the bar are not too happy with the arrangements, and generally think it's wrong on the poorer housemates. I agree, but in the name of entertainment, it's going to lead to some good viewing ;)

;-phobos-)

Originally posted by phobos

What bubble would this be

"Your bubble" as in regards to anyone on this thread that thinks Alex is going to flip his lid due to having to live in the poor side of the house. I wasn't refering to your comments.

Adele is a whinger anyway, its what she does best.

I don't think they'll keep the house split in two - despite what they have told the housemates. Personally I think BB is trying to play with their heads.

Appologies ;)

/ me quietly puts petrol away

;-phobos-)

• Advertisement

how is the voting going to go now, as per usual, or one from each rich/poor side being nominated?

I would imagine that it would go as normal. It didn't say there was going to be changes to the voting system online (or on BBLB). I think this weeks task would have changed the system too much it that was to be put in place.

But having said that, BB have decided to keep the bars indefinately, meaning that they are up to something. Future BB requirements/tasks/etc may require a division to be in place.

^ = my 2.54c

;-phobos-)

Hmmm, I can't see the bars being a permanent fixture until the end, they might remove them after a few weeks, it's not going to make great TV at the end to have 2 people sitting on each side of the bars.

Alex is starting to grow on me, I like his manner, and he's funny sometimes, and pretty genuine.

I'd have loved to have seen kate being put on the poor side, did anyone see her whinging all evening about it before the task once they were told what was happening?

Originally posted by Mills
    it's not going to make great TV at the end to have 2 people sitting on each side of the bars.

I agree, but then again, the bars might be only the foundations of what BB have planned. The psychologist on C4 earlier tonight, proved how it had been used as a method to get hidden feelings out of the hostmates regarding the other memebers. It has worked as far as Adele is concerned.

To look at the bars it's annoying, but what they might bring out in the contestants might be entertaining.

;-phobos-)

right so thats why they were packing all they're stuff. I flicked it on there the other day and was wondering why they were packing there stuff. Has this split thing happened yet or what?

im getting very pissed off with them
    and sunita its all her fault
    lee was thinking of leaving
    and now sandy nearly deifnately is
    Pricks, its a pain in the arse when someone new comes in
    although out of them all, sophie might just be my fave

lee and johnny both got 5 votes each. ah, lee's really smarmy, but johnny just seems like an asshole....so i think ill have to ring up for johnny. although i couldnt say which one brings more action to the hosue...lee's great to watch coz he's so sly, but johnny's is very argumentative...which is good...ah i dont know! i reckon lee will go though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

IT'S official - Sandy is leaving the House tomorrow.

Emerging from the Diary Room shortly after 22.30, the Scot walked into the lounge to announce, "I might as well tell you all up front - I'm leaving tomorrow."

Just read it now on the site

http://www.channel4.com/apps3/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=4912

I dunno who picked this years crew, but I'd say there are a few very unhappy bosses!

Or then again, is it all part of the whole Big Brother thing? I wonder was Sunita a plant? or Sandy for that matter?

i know i dont know whats it like coz im not in there, but it seems WEAK!!!! and now sunita opened that door, everyone's doing it. idiots.

• Advertisement

Apparently, Sandy did a runner this morning. First person to escape from the house (I believe he climbed up on the roof).

Sandyy legged it - I think it's the most exciting thing he's done since he entered the house. Hopefully his replacement will be more fun!

I quite liked sandy, he was funny, moreso than the others anyway.

I actually quite like Alex now too, both him and maybe Sophie/Spencer would be my favourites now :).

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

The big brother web-site keeps pissing me off. It takes ****ing ages to download any page. The only real reason I watch it is because Kate is fit and there's really nothing better to do or to watch at 2 in the morning. Although I think Sandy jumping his way out of the house was quite funny. However I would agree with Kaids original qoute that it's like watching paint dry. If numerous cameras were stuck in my house and were recording my grandmother doing her senile thing during the day I'm sure that would go down a lot more popularly.

Next year, I would hope that BB will be in a position to use the full capabilities of Digital TV (not just lame versions of amidar/painter!).

What it needs is more interaction, i.e. multiple screens available (a-la Sky News).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

none of the girls are as good lukin as mel from the original big brother(ya know the lass who gave pur tammy a loaded gun during a back massage).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

I wonder is it possible to leave the house completely unoticed by cameras and security,or are they everywhere?Itd go down as thewildest conspiracy since JFK.
    "At 11pm Gopher retreated to the bog,tired and weary of living with beer swilling saddos.When the other housemates could no longer wait for a slash,not wanting to do it out in the garden in front of E4 Watersport Perverts Ltd they raided the slasher,to find Gopher.........GONE![duh duh DUUUUUUUU]"
    If you kept your head down for a few months you could have a great laugh at ll the conspiracies alledging that you were silenced for commenting"Whoever the **** is watching us right now must be totally sad.Fuuck off you weirdos!"

i thought sandy was supposed to be actually leaving at 2.30 today? did someone have to go in and get his stuff for him, or did the ppl in the house leave it in the store room r what?

i liked sandy, i know he was quiet, but he came out with some gems, he seemed really funny. they might not have a replacement for him.

I think he toke his stuff over the wall with him. My sis was watching BB's little brother last night and they did a bit on it and showed him getting over the wall with all the other housemates cheering him on. Supposedly he just got caught by security then.

Originally posted by Caesar_Bojangle
    none of the girls are as good lukin as mel from the original big brother(ya know the lass who gave pur tammy a loaded gun during a back massage).

She was rancid, at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

That whole sandy escaping thing is an utter publicity stunt.

I'd say he had a fair bit of money put in his pocket for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement