Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

big brother 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah i read the heat interview with adele, and she was so appealing in it, as a person, and with her openness about bitching, she had a point, if ur living with ppl u keep the peace and try not to argue with them, especicially as u get down to the last few but sometimes u do need to blow of steam abuot them. i myself have a frend who i love, but she wrecks my head sometimes, but my problems i have with her arent the kind u could say to her and expect to get along fine together for our remaining time together in college!and it does help to talk/bitch about it. And im sure most of us have experienced somehitng like that!

i do wish jade had gone instead. And yeah, when u think about ti, this has without a doubt been the most eventful big brother ever (in the uk, i mean) but i dont remember any contestants last year (maybe bar narinder) getting so much slack when they left the house! The contestants this year seem to be much more flawed...their entertainment value comes at a price! last year it was elizabeth and dean and josh and bore bore bore. but at least they didnt have to worry about the public hating them! I cant see them topping big brother next year, what would be good is if they took a break for a year, and gave things a chance to calm down, and the show wouldn't have to live up to as much, and people would be eagerly awaiting it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Break for a year? Not gonna happen.......

BB makes ALOT of money for Channel 4 / E4. Eviction nights are big ratings winners......

Next year they'll spice things up even more, I reckon. And I think we can expect a 24 hour, more interactive (hopefully less censored) BB Channel (not E4).

- Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

what would be good is if they took a break for a year, and gave things a chance to calm down, and the show wouldn't have to live up to as much, and people would be eagerly awaiting it too.
    channel 4 have bought the rights to screen big brother for the next 3 years. i cant see them taking a break from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

This one has been the most sucessful BB in the UK so fdar...no way they'll kill off the cash cow now...it'll be around for another 2 years at least methinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭simon_partridge

I can't decide if Jade is really thick, or whether it's all one huge act. It seems hard to believe that anyone can be so dense as to think "tactical" is pronounced "tic-tackle". Mind you, it's hard to see what advantage she gets from it as the public haven't warmed to her...

Incidentally, her mother is pretty much identical - they interviewed her on RI:SE once and she had the same voice, and upon being asked "Has Jade been misrepresented in the house?" she replied "Sorry, don't understand the question, what does misirepiwhatnot mean???"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Word on the street is that he done her in the bath or somewhere but yet again it wasnt shown or mentioned.Heard a short bit about it on the radio at about 3am this morning and apparently its in some of the UK tabloids.What the fuk is up with this censorship?Thats at least 2 blows and one shag but yet it doesnt get shown:confused: Channel 4 need to cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

FFS, why wasn't Kate evicted. She's a boring old cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Nice to see that on top of editing people to get the results they want Channel 4 have stooped to moving the goalposts for nomination. They must be piss scared that without Jade (for she would surely have been nominated) the show will get boring.

Still, my bet on johnny looks safe :)

Agreed, BB really used its trump card by avoiding a definite Jade nomination for at least another week with that 'act of kindness' towards the housemates.

BB came up with the idea because they have been dead sure Jade (more than anyone) wouldn't want to hear a message by her family at the cost of eviction? For christ sake she probably went into the house in the first place to avoid them!

Ch4 were probably hoping two people (other than Jade) would volunteer themselves to avoid drawing lots but since they are all such egotistical individuals this wasn't going to be the case. C4 got lucky and could breath a sigh of relief that Porky wasn't called to the firing line.

I wonder how they'll get her out of being nominated this week? /a activates Geordi accent : 'Big Brother has decided that no fat, ugly, two-faced, cock-sucking, minging pseudo-idiots will be evicted this week. If you fall under all these categories you are exempt from nomination this week ... Jade.'

Originally posted by BuffyBot
    This one has been the most sucessful BB in the UK so fdar...no way they'll kill off the cash cow now...it'll be around for another 2 years at least methinks

I'd say it must be? Believe me it took a lot to get me to watch this show. I tried getting into the first two but ended up not really caring, especially towards the end. This one however has had me checking the round up nearly everyday which scared even me! ;)

Originally posted by simon_partridge
    I can't decide if Jade is really thick, or whether it's all one huge act. It seems hard to believe that anyone can be so dense as to think "tactical" is pronounced "tic-tackle". Mind you, it's hard to see what advantage she gets from it as the public haven't warmed to her...

I wouldn't say she's the brighest spark in the fusebox but she's clearly putting on an act to make herself look stupid in order to fufill the role of the 'child' in the family in order for the others to not see her as a threat and hense not suspect or nominate her.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by The Gopher
    Word on the street is that he done her in the bath or somewhere but yet again it wasnt shown or mentioned.Heard a short bit about it on the radio at about 3am this morning and apparently its in some of the UK tabloids.What the fuk is up with this censorship?Thats at least 2 blows and one shag but yet it doesnt get shown:confused: Channel 4 need to cop on.

I don't think so. The two of them were playing 'hide the toy' or whatever and whilst Alex was clearly up for a bit of 'hows your father' Kate was kinda indifferent about it and was letting Alex do all the work. Typical woman eh?

Originally posted by Spiffing
    FFS, why wasn't Kate evicted. She's a boring old cow.

Agreed. She's dull, false and looks evil when she smiles.

On a scale of fakeness I rate the remaining housemate as follows:

9/10 Kate (Cock teasing whore who is playing with the lads to avoid nominations. As transparent as a windscreen and not even that good looking when you get down to it.)

8/10 Johnny (Silent sneaky type who'll give you 5 minutes (max) of his time just so you'll think 'ooh! what a great guy he is!' Everybody knows one like him in real life)

6/10 Alex (Suffers fools gladly and will spend the rest of the time bitching about them.)

5/10 Tim (Affable sort. Clearly doesn't give a **** about impressing the others in the house. I certainly wouldn't want to be his mate but I'd give him my time ahead of the other four.)

3/10 Jade (So stupid that she can barely pull off duplicty, least not without getting caught)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I was watching it last weekend sometime after 2am as you, and they began to play that game who am i?

Oh jade you truly are an amadan, someone asked are you a european then that dumb pugly pig asks whats a european? And to top it off she thought michael jackson was english and the discussion about Scandinavia perplexed her altogether, as she thought it was were the polar bears live or something.

It will be interesting to see when 'it' finally gets evicted, will ch4 bring up the blow job between herself and pj and show the video on the massive screens outside. I hope they do because she will probably cry yet again, storm off into the crowd and get pelted with petrol bombs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Originally posted by Pigman
    On a scale of fakeness I rate the remaining housemate as follows:

9/10 Kate (Cock teasing whore who is playing with the lads to avoid nominations. As transparent as a windscreen and not even that good looking when you get down to it.)

8/10 Johnny (Silent sneaky type who'll give you 5 minutes (max) of his time just so you'll think 'ooh! what a great guy he is!' Everybody knows one like him in real life)

6/10 Alex (Suffers fools gladly and will spend the rest of the time bitching about them.)

5/10 Tim (Affable sort. Clearly doesn't give a **** about impressing the others in the house. I certainly wouldn't want to be his mate but I'd give him my time ahead of the other four.)

3/10 Jade (So stupid that she can barely pull off duplicty, least not without getting caught)

That amazes me!! My list would have been almost the exact reverse of that!
    Its funny the way two people can see the same thing so differently!

I feel sorry for johnny, once he got nominated he completely withdrew into himself. I just think he can't handle not being liked.
    I think now that PJ is gone Kate is definitely the most genuine there, along with alex maybe.

But Tim just has his head up his arse, what was it he said: "I think its a compliment to myself that i've gotten this far, it's down to the fact that i'm a nice bloke" (paraphrasing there)

WTF?!

I don't want to start on Jade. I have never seen a bigger fool make it onto television. An ignorant fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭bobsmith833

Originally posted by darthmise
    But Tim just has his head up his arse, what was it he said: "I think its a compliment to myself that i've gotten this far, it's down to the fact that i'm a nice bloke" (paraphrasing there)
    Yeah, and he's so shocked that a "29 year old professional" like Jonny should engage in a pillow fight.

I bet when he was at boarding school he used to masturbate onto biscuits with his rugby-playing bum-chums which isn't so different from pillow fighting really.

has anyone read adele's magazine interviews, they're great! She has my view on all the other housemates (bar jade). hopefuly tim and jade'll be up for eviction this week. dunno who'd id evict out, possibly tim, for viewing purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Alex and Tim are up for eviction this week. is there really any doubt about who'll be leaving on Friday. his name begins with a t, ends with an m and has an i in the middle somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Pigman
    Ah, but shes a computer tech who wanders around the house in her skimpies!!!!!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    Alex and Tim are up for eviction this week. is there really any doubt about who'll be leaving on Friday. his name begins with a t, ends with an m and has an i in the middle somewhere

You couldnt narrow it down anymore... it isnt Alex is it... I saw it last night and hope that tim piece of poo goes out... he annoys me.

The pig was sunbathing earlier on today using cooking oil so she would cook faster, i mean get a tan quicker, shows how dumb she is. She got burnt needless to say. ha ha ha chipstick.

reminds me of the time kramer from seinfeld used some cooking oil so he would tan, then he falls asleep awakes only to find himself a darker shade of brown.

jade why cant you learn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

News Just In: "Jade's a Muppet"

She also asked Alex could she have his sunbed because she thought she was in the shade. She wasn't!, and then they had to explain to her what "the shade" actually was. He had to stand in front of her, blocking her sun, and describing how it now wasn't so bright (this is what is called "being in the shade, Jade").

I thought the bit where the housemates hid in the garden was funny. The muppet came out of the jax, and did a half assed search around the gaff, before going in to the Diary Room, making an even bigger tit out of herself. :rolleyes:

;-phobos-)

I would would love to know what her iq is. Could she beat a monkey or even dog in a general knowledge test? NO

They had a discussion about ww2 last week, me thinks. She didnt know it even happened or who fought in it ,then she asks alex "why, did the english hate the germans? i didnt know that".
    She called alex a nazi but alas she didnt know what they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

No what has me in stitches laughing is when she asks a stupid question & they give a stupid answer, just to see if she is stupid enough to accept it. The funny thing is, she always does, leaving the rest with something to giggle and talk about. G'wan Jade :rolleyes:

On the subject of Jade, and how she has made a tit of herself in front of millions, do you think this will have an effect on future BB applicants?. I'm just thinking about Tim, for example. The guy is a tad headwrecking, but everything that happens in the BB house is exaggerated (compared to outside the house). Take for example, we could spend a fair amount of time during the day watching them in the garden (boring as fuk), then someone "supposedly snogs", and it makes international headlines. If you or I snogged someone, nobody would give a toss. We have to rememeber these people aren't actually celebreties, they're just normal people that participated in a game show. But because of this exaggerated hype, we've become to hate Jade. If she never participated on the show and we saw her walking down the street, we wouldn't take any notice. But soon, when she walks down the street, I doubt life is going to be easy.

I personally think that future applicants, will consider the how the public viewed some of the current contestants, and perhaps it will reduce the number of applications overall next year. It's just a thought, we don't have to hijack the thread with it or anything. But short answers relating to you opinions on the issue would be nice, along with your normal contributions of course. :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by phobos
    I thought the bit where the housemates hid in the garden was funny. The muppet came out of the jax, and did a half assed search around the gaff, before going in to the Diary Room, making an even bigger tit out of herself. :rolleyes:
    I only saw the start of that, what happened in the end?

yeah i see what u mean phobos, i'd love to audition for big brother but you never know what way the public are going to see u, because of the way they edit the show. I mean, poor jade when u think about it, is pretty much hated by everyone, but the housemates loved her from day 1...well...maybe make that day 2 or 3, so she doesnt really have any idea what's about to hit her.

but i do believe the hype will die down very soon, sure she'll have a hard time when she comes out at first, but very soon, we probably wont even remember she existed. although, she'll have to put up with all the abuse probably for the rest of her life as she'll have media reminders from the time of the show. i do feel sorry for her.

Originally posted by thedrowner
    I mean, poor jade when u think about it, is pretty much hated by everyone, but the housemates loved her from day 1...well...maybe make that day 2 or 3, so she doesnt really have any idea what's about to hit her.
    Well Kate was calling her a "freak of nature" to her face the other day ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mad_Patrick

What I can't understand is this: If Jade is as thick as she seems she wouldn't be able to write her own name, not to mind fill out a whole application form. For example, today, the 17th July, that's 2 months people she finally found out how the evictions work after asking Kate, keep watching coz she has something new every night that makes you stand back and say "Christ that girl is dumb as a rock". Kate I like coz all of a sudden out of nowhere about a week ago she started being funny. I want her or Alex to win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Ha haaaaa! Is this for real?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

who took time from their lives to look for that muppet on an internet dating service :confused:

Originally posted by Mad_Patrick
    What I can't understand is this: If Jade is as thick as she seems she wouldn't be able to write her own name, not to mind fill out a whole application form. For example, today, the 17th July, that's 2 months people she finally found out how the evictions work after asking Kate, keep watching coz she has something new every night that makes you stand back and say "Christ that girl is dumb as a rock". Kate I like coz all of a sudden out of nowhere about a week ago she started being funny. I want her or Alex to win.

It is all an act with Jade.
    She is not stupid but on the contrary,reasonably clever.
    She went into this game,with a plan to work to the Helen formula of last year and maybe do it a bit better.
    She recognises the importance of licking up to the people she has had a drunken fights with.
    AND
    She has used words like subtle and naive in their correct context in the diary room-so theres a decent brain there.

Further evidence of this, was seen in Adeles last week in the house.Adele in the Diary room was honest in admitting that she was playing the game,and therefore was best in my opinion at analyising who else was being clever.
    In her last week, she warned Alex, on how Jade could be a backstabber, obviously smelling a rat.

I agree Kate should win-she's lovely:)
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall someone explaining the meaning of "naive" to Jade ages ago? *Shrug. Theyre not exactly super-intellectual words anyway and I'm sure people have said them to her before, like "try a little subtetly next time you loud-mouth hell whore" and "you're so naive it borders on infantile, you fat cow" etc etc.

ah the fight, the fight!!!!!! brilliant, i saw it live last night, but the best bit i didnt see until the show on c4 tonight was when jade went storming from the bedroom to get kate and johnny from the diary room and started screaming at the 2 of them, and alex was sat in bed pissing himself laughing, class!

and, i may have to stand corrected on this, but did jade not say to alex, (before he told her exactly what he thought of her), to be honest and tell the housemates how he felt about them?

kate and johnny were just class. i want tim out this week and jade out next, possibly johnny 3rd, kate 2nd and alex 1st.

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    who took time from their lives to look for that muppet on an internet dating service :confused:

LOL Not me, was passed on from a guy in work!

ah the fight, the fight!!!!!! brilliant, i saw it live last night, but the best bit i didnt see until the show on c4 tonight was when jade went storming from the bedroom to get kate and johnny from the diary room and started screaming at the 2 of them, and alex was sat in bed pissing himself laughing, class!

and, i may have to stand corrected on this, but did jade not say to alex, (before he told her exactly what he thought of her), to be honest and tell the housemates how he felt about them?

kate and johnny were just class. i want tim out this week and jade out next, possibly johnny 3rd, kate 2nd and alex 1st.

T'was good alright! I saw it live too and Channel 4 (if anything) seemed to have actually toned it down on the edit the following day. Jonny was clearly livid and had it been a guy giving him all this **** he would probably have jump outta the pool and started clobbering the other person!

Tim got evicted tonight and that's a pity in my opinion. He's a nob alright but at least he made it clear he wasn't some 'peforming seal' like the rest of them. If I had been made go thru that 'Roller Disco' thing I'd probably have ended up throwing a boot thru one of the mirrors in response to the pure stupidity of the task.

I was going to finish by saying who out of the final four I hope to win but the fact is that I don't want any of them to win. I hate them all and I hope they get struck down by some kind of fast-action food poisoning over the next two days. The idea of one of these four ar.se-holes getting the equivilant of EUR115,000 next Friday just makes me want cry. But on the plus side at least none of this years contestants will be making a regular thing out of appearing on television after this show is over ... except maybe Alison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Wan Alex!!!! He gave Jade a right bollocking! I think he's de_man for that. WAN JADE LICK MY ARSE GO ON LICK IT RIGHT HERE!!!!!!, etc, etc. Excellent. He's got my vote! The others are boring bernards.

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭three

I am very very happy that Tim is gone.

Comprendé

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Austin.jpg

Aufwiede.jpg

Bitches.jpg

Whining.jpg

• Advertisement

my brother told me alex had been evicted when i was in work, i could've smacked him!
    nah, i still think alex deserves to win, he's funny when he wants to be, and hes very entertaining
    those posters are brilliant

Saw a picture of Alex modelling today.......... in the Argos Catalogue :D

those piccies of him wearing the union jack thong (and was it a visor? i coudnt look at the page for too long!) were indeed very offputting....there's some nice one's of him for freemans though :)

anything exciting happen on it last night, i missed it, i really wonder who's gonna win coz it could be any of them (bar Jade....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Mmmmm Dermot O'Leary!
    Pity he's not very tall
    Aaah well...... Mmmmmmmmm Dermot O'Leary......

Ooh! Ooh! and Avid Merrian is pure Class!!!

Can see someone starting a "Praise Dermot O'Leary" thread :D

Though I have to sya, I like his commentary on BBLB, and the way he rips the proverbials out of it all sometimes!

wow, the abuse tim and jade got in now maagzine...must go round and get my heat too...:D

for some strange reason, i thought dermot o leary was irish
    i wonder will big brother spring a surprise eviction thats being kept a secret from the public...although, theyd kind of have to have informed us at this stage to vote...hmmm

No, the producer confirmed on c4's website that there will be no surprise evictions this year - it all goes down on Friday night

wow, the abuse tim and jade got in now maagzine...must go round and get my heat too...:D

Wow? Now magazine eh? They'll never live it down

for some strange reason, i thought dermot o leary was irish
    i wonder will big brother spring a surprise eviction thats being kept a secret from the public...although, theyd kind of have to have informed us at this stage to vote...hmmm

I think Dermot has a pretty strong sense of Irish-ness. A few years ago he was interviewing the English rugby player Laurence Delaglio (sp?) and turned up wearing the Irish Jersey. Hows that for you? :)

Also after England beat Argentina in the WC last month he said something along the lines of 'Well done England, but to be honest I was more interested in how Ireland did against Germany'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I hate that word False. It is getting overused. If somebody makes a joke or sings they are immediatly called false.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Poor old Jade. Shes the only one to have consistently entertained all throughout the series, yes she may be irritating but I think shes possibly the nicest person in that house, except perhaps Johny.
    Im sorry, but Kate is a bitch, and a boring one at that.
    What kind of girl doesnt stand up for another girl who is being taken advantage of? (Stripping game). They all knew quite well that Jade would be the only one to lose clothes there.

And its nice to see even though Kate was and is a bitch to her, that Jade tried to look after her last night while she was drunk.

Alex I used to think was funny, but now he revolts me.

Johnny seems a nice enough chap and I'd be happy if either he or Jade won on Friday, they are the only ones that deserve the prize

Advertisement