Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Has Happened To 2FM

Options
  • 29-05-2002 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

how long have i not listened to 2FM? it must have been too long. i turned it on tonight and i am horrified by what i heard. it's turned into radio for 15 year olds. i remember a time when it was enjoyable

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

when you were 15yrs old? :)

you are right though, I haven't listened to an evening show on 2fm in a long long time (probably about 3 or so years)..
    when dave fanning and uaneen used to actually play some decent tracks, nowdays give me Here Comes The Night & Headphones on Today FM if I do feel the urge to turn off the cd player at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 leejon

Always has been ****E as far as I have heard, they should take a look at BBC Radio 1 and see how you can entertain over the radio, sad old tossers like tony fenton should piss off and get some one who can entertain people younger than himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 racer20

yes, i think 2fm is a load of crap.sad case of affairs to think this is all rte can offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by leejon
    they should take a look at BBC Radio 1 and see how you can entertain over the radio

that's just as bad if not worse. if only BBC 6 Music was broadcast on the FM band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 leejon

that's just as bad if not worse.

Can't disagree with you more really, would rather listen to static than 2fm. BBC Radio 1 acknowledges that people like more than easy listening and ****e like westlife. I don't listen in the evening so I can't judge the stuff on air then but during the day give me white noise anytime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

People like Steve Lamacq are interesting to listen to, Dave Fanning and Uaneen used to be excellent. John Clarke and one other chap whom I can't think of now were decent as well, and Peter Collins used to be good late on Sunday nights. But other than that, I'd only tune in around Christmas for the Fab 50, Christmas just wouldn't be the same. I suppose if people presented some kind of petition to 2fm to change the programming it might work. They probably donn't get much feedback, and will probably continue to try to appeal to 30somethings driving home from work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

I thought that rick o' shea was the only dj working in 2fm for a while , he was on constantly. Have to agree it has really fallen from grace over the last 2 years. Will leahy and john power are the only shows i'd listen too.

Advertisement