Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depression

Options
  • 29-05-2002 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Depression is a funny thing. It seems to affect the people you wouldn't expect it to, e.g. the well off people, as well as the more disadvantaged people. I think of my self as well off, and I'm very depressed about a personal matter right now. I keep falling out with a very close friend of mine and it's really depressing. It doesn't help that she's a member of the opposite sex whom I care about. Apparently I'm hyper-sensitive and I really hate it. I can't seem to handle matters like this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

mind me asking why you keep falling out with her?
    if somebody makes you feel that way then perhaps you more than care for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I dont think you are clinically depressed, you are just upset about the matter. Generally people who are depressed have it as an illness, and its not because of a single matter. Depression cant be cured it can only be treated as in its with you all your life. Every day is a living nightmare you just want to end it all.

[edit] There may be people worse off but that doesnt change how he feels [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Welcome to the boards dukman.

I think that we have to have things in our life to be depressed about. It can inspire and make you see life in many different ways.

Have you sat down and had a proper chat with her? Emotions aside. Try letting logic take over maybe.

Keep us posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

it all depends on how you are brought up...
    If you are well off and always have been since your up bringing then you skip a lot of harshness other people have to face.
    We need those emotional challenges to digest it and learn to control them. just a crude example, somebody who has just returned from a long battle will look down on people who think their electronic watch is the end of the world!.
    depression is just one of those things we face in our modern world. can i say that most of us have become too soft? or not balanced?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

my advise is to take a break for awhile, try not to c her for a couple of weeks and cool off,if ur feeling really frustrated it shud help:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭fester

i've found in the past that if you have feelings for someone but you dont realise your true feelings for them, it can lead to confusion, then depression.

You might want to confront your true feelings, confront her with them, and then for good or bad resolve the stiuation.

Advertisement