Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you be going to Slane 2002?

Options
  • 30-05-2002 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

:: Here's a list of the acts performing:

Stereophonics
    The Doves
    Nickelback
    Counting Crows
    Sum41
    The Revs
    "Special Guests"

:: Extra Info

Date - Saturday 24th August
    Tickets - €49.50
    On Sale - Saturday 15th June

Will you be going to Slane 2002 13 votes

YES
    0% 0 votes
    NO
    0% 0 votes
    Maybe
    100% 13 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

well, i for one will not be going to slane this yr. went last yr to see u2 tho.
    the line up this year sucks imo

sterophonics - shudder

doves - not my sorta thing

nickelback - 1 good song ! wohoo :p

counting crows - ?

sum41 - dont make me laff

the revs - seem em before for free in a much better venue (small, close to band, great set), dont feel like pay 50yoyo to see em play for maybe an hour....

anyways, going to witness already and maybe chilli peppers

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

If Counting Crows were headling, possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

The inclusion of doves is gutting for me. I'm dying to see them, and hoped they'd play witnness, but since they signed up to play support to new order, and t in the park it was not to be. I'd like to see Counting Crows too. However, I don't think these two bands ideal setting is at Slane, and I can't see myself paying full whack to see them both. Considering I wouldn't give two sh*tes about the other acts it would be a waste of journey, and an anti-climax, so it's a 'no' from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

>support to new order

Are New Order playing in Ireland? That sounds good. I woundn't go to Slane, as the lineup is too weak. Simple as that. You know from how cheap the tickets are. MCD and Henry Mountcharles shouldn't bother putting the gig on, if this is the best that they can get. Even Glastonbury takes a rest year every so often. This is a very weak bill that will look very weak alongside the past greats (And I'm not talking Robbie Williams).

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

Originally posted by Bateman
    >support to new order

Are New Order playing in Ireland? That sounds good. I woundn't go to Slane, as the lineup is too weak. Simple as that. You know from how cheap the tickets are. MCD and Henry Mountcharles shouldn't bother putting the gig on, if this is the best that they can get. Even Glastonbury takes a rest year every so often. This is a very weak bill that will look very weak alongside the past greats (And I'm not talking Robbie Williams).

Can't remember how much I bought tickets for last year but wasn't it about £30 or a bit more? Isn't that roughly the same as the 50 euro that they're asking for this year?

For a one day one stage festival I think that's about right and not cheap.

I'm not biased either because I only like Counting Crows and Doves from that line up and probably won't be going to see it as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

New Order are playing support for the RHCP at Lansdowne alright, but the gig I'm talking about is in Manchester, on the 13th of July I believe.

Advertisement