Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX at XtraVision

Options
  • 30-05-2002 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

Any word from the inside if it will be arriving anytime soon? I'm sick of the same old games. At least with the N64, I could rent out a few games every weekend. Suppose it won't be happening til sales in Ireland pick up though, eh?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It won't be happening until Microsoft give licences to rent Xbox software. Which they've made no official announcement about so far. Software publishers aren't always massively fond of rental outfits, they don't get great deals off them and it hurts sales...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I saw a big poster in one of the video rental places in Blanch when I was on the bus going through it (not sure if it was Xtra vision or not).

Anyway the poster said they had Xbox games for rent. Not sure how accurate that was and I couldn't see the fine print :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I'm pretty sure I saw a similar sign in Chartbusters in Carlow, I'll go down and check it out later. But I think they are renting XBox games.

Ivan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Entirely possible that MS have done a deal with one chain and not the other - I don't think any of the UK chains have a deal yet, though.

'Course, smaller stores and chains will just illegally rent retail software anyway like they always have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

chartbusters in phibsboro have XboX games for rent

bomb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

i work in xtra-vision and nope we dont have any in and the manager said we probaly wont
    she said they might start doing gamecube
    but its all ps2 for the moment
    allthough your right the chartbusters in blanch does rent out x-box games so lets hope xtra-vision gets all competive and does it also

You wont be seeing Xbox in Xtravision,you can get the games in chartbusters tho they havea good selection .Dont know whats happening with the game cube .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

you can rent x-box games in chartbusters in blanchardstown village.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Originally posted by RasTa
    i work in xtra-vision and nope we dont have any in and the manager said we probaly wont
    she said they might start doing gamecube
    but its all ps2 for the moment

Rasta you don't work in the blanch centre store do you? I wasted......sorry, worked there for 2 and a half years.

Advertisement