Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDowell for Justice?

Options
  • 30-05-2002 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

Me - I don't like him. What about the rest of you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Neither do I... He is far too ambitious... Not that Ambition is a bad thing... Its just that an Ambitous and Ruthless(I have seen him canvas) PD is a dangerous thing in government.

Chaos-Engine foresees the future after another 5 years under the "FF/PD Most corrupt governmetn in europe":

-Large scale privatisation. Large Privatisation type domination in a private firms hands(similar as now Eircom carteling all fixed lines in Ireland)...

-Less control of the country

-Private Corporations hold Ireland even more to ransom

-People lose even more power to Multi-nationals which will own everything from Health service, water, sewage, more waste, electricity, public transport.... You name it. Its sold

-All the cash earned will fund the governments exchequer problems. The wool will be pulled over ppls eyes. At the next election there will be nothing left to sell and nothing to tax.. Therefore No revenue... And serious problems....

-Note: But don't worry about the above if you are stinking rich. You can afford these over priced services as your upper tax band has been lowered and corporation tax is vanishing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Biffa Bacon

I like him. He's one of the few politicians with a brain. Hopefully if he does get Justice he will liquidate the knacker classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

yes and lock up all the scumbags you see on street corners.....only problem with the PDs is that they tend to favour big business over small individual wealth creators i.e.: Harney's new draconian legislation on companies supposedly designed to clamp down on corporate fraud which will just make it even harder for small businesses and self employed (Like Me :() The more they legislate against small players then there is less competition for the big guys. They're crap on immigration too......they tend to favour mass uncontrolled immigration (Liz O'Donnell et al).. as we have now to prop up big business employers interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I dont know about liquidating any social classes, but
    I'd reckon McDowell would make a first class Justice minsiter.

He's smart and knows that he'll have to deliver on what he
    promises because we the public know he should be able enough to do so.

Unlike the last minister who talked tough but was actually pretty hopeless on delivery.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Chaos-Engine, dathi1, you do know how to answer a question and not go on an irrelevant off-topic rant, don't you? :)

Yeah I wouldn't mind McDowell as Minister for Justice, but would prefer him in a separate Equality & Law Reform Department. John
    O'Donoghue hasn't inspired confidence in any of his areas of responsibility (McDowell is a barrister, O'Donoghue is a solicitor). McDowell has a reputation of not taking no for an answer and has the wherewithall to insist on reform of legislation and procedure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Not a big fan of McDowell at times (depending on what he has to say)

However, I think he'd make a good Justice minister. I wouldn't trust him with Finance, Employment or Foerign Affairs but Justice would be right up his street. O'Donoghue has been a waste of a good wage imho.

Advertisement