Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dueling

• 22-07-2001 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I recently upgraded to Cable broadband internet, I also have a non ised ISDN line, I would like to put it to good use and see if it's possible to get the two connections to work together to give me an extra few kb/s on my downloads ect, is this possible?, and if so how can I do it
    Thanx Alot

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You'll probably need two network cards, and a little tweaking of your protocols, i.e. have two different browsers, and dedicate each one to one of the lines, or have one line dedicated to ftp, telnet, and that type, but I'm not certain on any of these points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dave1024:
    {linking ISDN and cable} is this possible?, and if so how can I do it
    Thanx Alot

Dave
    </font>

Someone just started a similar thread on uk.telecom.mobile about sharing ADSL and cable.

thread starts at news:ytd67.129918$2O6.8466044@news2.aus1.giganews.com

it's certainly possibly, but the setup might be tricky.

--
    .sdrawkcab dootsrednu tub sdrawrof devil si efiL

Advertisement