Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reformatting problems

• 23-07-2001 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

what would be the easiest way to get all the drivers, soundcard, graphics, modem together for when i reformat the bugger. i do not have all the drivers on disc from when i got the pc, and i cannot get them either. can i get them from the net or what?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

You should be able to get them of the internet, unless you have some strange and obscure piece of kit in there. smile.gifBut mostly you will get what you want.
    Your PC manufacturer usually has all the drivers on their website for whatever model PC you have. Or you can try the component manufacturers sites or a site that hosts links eg. www.windrivers.com

[This message has been edited by BNC (edited 23-07-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

thanks dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Of course you can get them off the net bullman!

But if you are re-installing Win98SE/ME/2000, your OS CD should have a fairly large DB of drivers. But in the event that you cannot get drivers for some of your components, check out this site: Download.com's Driver Section. This was formerly part of WinFiles.com which was a great place to get drivers for the Windows platform. Now this place has got everything from Windows to Linux etc.

To find out what components you have in your machine:

1) Right click on "My Computer" on your desktop.
    2) Select Properties
    3) Click on Device Manager Tab

Note: Here you have a list of components in your computer

4) Click on the '+' to find out the name of a particular component. You can also print these details out from that window.

Anyway if, you cannot get a driver from the link I have given, you can always to the manufacturers web-site. This is the first place new drivers can be found. But I thought it would be easier for you to go to a place that should have everything under one roof.

Take care,

;-phobos-)

Advertisement