Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Green energy festival. Cork.

• 30-05-2002 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Anyone going to Cork For The Frames, Damien Rice and Josh Ritter this weekend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I am going this tommorrow(Friday). I just want to hear Debaser

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

dam my luck of livin gin cork and working in a night club and a pub im caught to work all weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Savage Gig!!
    Damien Rice was class, so was his bird!
    The Frames were great as always, though glen shouldn't have bothered getting off stage to try to get that guy back in, he was behind me in the crowd and was a muppet, deserved to be kicked out.

yep, savage gig...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Saw De La Soul with support from Lo Fidelity Allstars. They were class, I liked the lo fi allstars more. It was great too in that I was given two free tickets to go see it. :) I turned down a free ticket to the Frames though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Originally posted by darthmise
    Savage Gig!!
    Damien Rice was class, so was his bird!
    The Frames were great as always

Yep I agree. Great gig. Glen doing a stage dive was class. Highlights of the night for me tho were legging it back to the lobby after where my mate got on stage and sang a tune with Mundy. Glen Hansard and Damien Rice (also that Lisa bird) and Nina Hynes all arriving into the Lobby shortly thereafter. Getting to meet the people you just saw on stage is great :)

Damien Rice (guitar + vocals), Mundy (guitar) and Glen (drums!!) playing Radiohead - Creep as an encore to Mundy's gig was pure class!

After the Lobby closed and the staff had thrown everyone out, Glen, Damien and Mundy (also some other bloke I didnt know) grabbed guitars and went outside, sat on a window ledge of The Lobby and started an inpromtu gig on the street! After about an hour out there in the cold I fell home..it had been a fantastic but long night ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

"I am going this tommorrow(Friday). I just want to hear Debaser"

Then why not take out a copy of Dolittle and play it on your stereo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Was the get together in the Lobby known about or did you just luck out with that one?

I wouldn't mind but i was in ballycotton the next night and Mundy played in the Lon Dubh there and i never even knew about it!!
    Raging i was!

The Frames have now been finally confirmed for the MAQin Stage at Witnness this year. Moving on up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Glenn seems to be in that bloody pub every week. You could class it as his Cork local. Same goes with Damien Rice. Sure they're all the same clique.

Advertisement