Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dol.ie finally becomes O2.ie

Options
  • 30-05-2002 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

I was just going into dol.ie and discovered that i am redirected to an updated O2.ie site.

Its seems a lot better once you look around it :D

What do you think of the new site?

Is the O2 site better then Dol? 18 votes

Yes...
    0% 0 votes
    No...
    66% 12 votes
    .. Atari Jaguar
    33% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

i was on it only 2 days ago sendin msgs. first thing that came up on it was that after enterin the old username and pw got the warning from explorer info not been sent over a secure connection. grrr. it wasn't even finished the site too, went to set up the group txt thing, and it got sent to the old dol.ie site page with an error. Its a complete pisser when they don't finish pages and stick them up, with non working bits from the old site.

I like the new options they have tho, think they had something like checking how much ya spend and on who etc. Should be good when its done, but i don't think it really needed, thought the old site was just fine. hmmmmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Nice site. Not sure if I'd visit it much although 500 free txt messages a month is good value. I downloaded the 02 logo too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I see that the WAP site has so far remained the same. I suppose I'll miss the original site...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

Is it still ****e slow on netscape? In college we mainly use 4.7 and dol.ie seemed quite terrible with the applets (or maybe the jsp pages).

What's the deal with that? Is such cruddiness still a feature of the latest incarnation of Netscape?

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by rob1891
    Is such cruddiness still a feature of the latest incarnation of Netscape?

Loath as I am to knock Netscape for the sheer hell of it, the answer to the question is "yes"

Piss-poor table implementation and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

[edit]Deleted - Stupid post, by my own admission. Never go on-line after an international match...[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 socialretard

just a quicky if anyone knows.....will the little digifone display on people's mobiles change to O2 eventually, or would that require a simcard change? i tried finding out on their site, but some fairy bohemian bull**** artist seems to have written all their content.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I dont think it changes itself. I dont really care if it dosent change anywho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

The site design is a nice improvement but you can't bookmark any of the pages which is sneaky.

Here's the old free web sms link if anyone lost it. Still uses the old design/software. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Peteer

Originally posted by rob1891
    Is it still ****e slow on netscape? In college we mainly use 4.7 and dol.ie seemed quite terrible with the applets (or maybe the jsp pages).

What's the deal with that? Is such cruddiness still a feature of the latest incarnation of Netscape?

Rob

It is Sh1te on all the Mac versions of popular browsers from IE to Netscape to iCab & opera. This is true for both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X

Bummer,

I still connect to the old Dol site for text messages:
    http://www.dol.ie/NASApp/DOL/jsp/sms/websms.jsp

• Advertisement
Advertisement