Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cookies

• 23-07-2001 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

I think me cookies are borked somehow. At home they work perfectly and i never have to re-type my password here for example.
    but here in work, the cookies never seem to remember my login name or pw for these boards, they also lead me to week old topic lists on other forums.
    im running win nt 4 and ie 5.
    any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I'm having the same problem in Linux but typical windoze heads are telling me it's my fault. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Loomer

Chocolate Chip are my favourite kind biggrin.gif

Eek - Here come the Spam Police

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I don't think NT saves cookies to your profile directory (or any IE settings), of course it all depends on how its setup.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

I had a problem with the cookies on this site lately... I think the only ones being "written" were session ones.. that is, they expired after I closed the browser so next time I'd have to re-enter my details...

Go to the "preferences" link above, use the utility link there to "delete all cookies set by this forum" and then after that, click on the "submit preferences" button to re-submit that you want a cookie stored for one year... then after you post a reply or whatever you should be grand... well, on this site at least... no idea regarding the others...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

testing

DAMN
    OK, that worked. the forum now remembers who i am each session, but now the bloody lightbulbs are gone from the forums with new posts! arrghh.

[This message has been edited by Dustaz (edited 24-07-2001).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement