Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giga-what????

• 24-07-2001 10:08pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

What is the proper name for 1024gbs???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

I am almost (almost) definite that you will need to provide more information wink.gif.

1024 what? what are they meant to be? Are we talking about RAM? Hard-disk size? Bandwidth transmission rates?

1024 GB? Gigabytes of HD space

I don't think small 'g' is used anywhere in computer specs, always a capital 'G' (well if you are being correct). Capital B is for "Byte" and small 'b' is for "bit".

The 's' is confusing. It's hardly "per second", so I would guess it's just a plural 's' "e.g., GigabyteSSSSS.

Why the specific number? Only reason I recognise it as older versions of LILO couldn't boot beyond the 1024th cylinder......

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

Well I suppose I should be more specific, theres "kilo", then theres "mega", then theres "giga", what's next????
    (no comments on my spelling please)

i hate you guys......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Red Moose:

1024 GB? Gigabytes of HD space

</font>

how cool wud that b smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

tera smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Zee Dude

after Tera is Peta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I'd say its a terabyte as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

and after peta I'm fairly sure theres Exabyte. maybe that spelling is wrong tho.

but yes I must concur that 1024 gigs is a terabyte.. now all we have to get is a 40 terabyte hard drive to store all those damn mp3s smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Someone here has done their physics...hehe

Farls

Advertisement