Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bizarre lyricism

Options
  • 31-05-2002 3:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

i've been listening to jefferson airplane since i got home from work tonight, and MAN are some of their lyrics messed up. can anyone beat this for pure insanity?:

"When logic and proportion
    Have fallen sloppy dead,
    And the White Knight is talking backwards
    And the Red Queen's 'off with her head!'
    Remember what the dormouse said:
    'Feed your head. Feed your head. Feed your head' "

if that makes any sense to you, you are either (a) on many a drug, or (b) a member of jefferson airplane.

if either, please enlighten!

xx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

well, grace slick was both then... the lyrics of white rabbit are an arttempt to link alice in wonderland to the lsd experience. sure that's known? :confused:

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

Actually, Lewis Carroll wasn't on hallucinogens when he wrote the Alice books. But it's fun reading them or watching the films when you are. :D

Originally posted by Lolo
    Actually, Lewis Carroll wasn't on hallucinogens when he wrote the Alice books. But it's fun reading them or watching the films when you are. :D

no, lewis carroll wasn't on anything, he was just a nut. and anyway, lsd hadn't been invented then... but you can be bloody freakin 100% sure that grace slick was on just about everything when she sang it! ;)

oneArpeggiopete:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

But he did take Laudinum which I think is akin to Opium. This was however on prescription as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

As far as I could make out from the research I did for my thesis on Alice, he was actually quite a clean livin' guy, just, as AtlantaSuburb said, nuts. But there could be evidence lurking somewhere that he was a laudanum fiend, the major biogs don't mention it.

• Advertisement

laudanum was sleeping medication derived from opium, indeed... a surprising number of victorian writers were on that stuff, and indeed s.t. coleridge wrote his best stuff while he was hopelessly zonked on what's by all means and purposes junk. ah, the bliss of a degree in literature (two in fact)... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Huh huh, those words be funny. Ah, the bliss of a degree in philosophy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Wait a minute! I haven't even got a degree yet!

Originally posted by Wacker
    Wait a minute! I haven't even got a degree yet!

well, optimism is half the work done... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Get the jefferson aeroplane best of double disk thats out at the moment. It's very hippy but if you liked stuff like White Rabbit then the rest of the stuff eventually grows on you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ellentic

Has anyone ever watched any of that **** that does be on Nick Jnr.?

I think it'd be impossible to think of that stuff if you weren't on acid..

I could be wrong, they could just be nuts..

I'd put my money on the former... If I had any..

[The Police - Roxanne]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Regan

gary....you can't say bold thigngs like that on this site

their ears are all very precious

and more kudos on ur picture

Advertisement