Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surely the best solution (for the moment)

Options
  • 31-05-2002 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Can someone tell me how much nolimits costs and is it still available ?

Surely no limits used with the likes of Netsystem is the best solution until a proper adsl service is launched ?

You would have 2 bills, no limits + Netsystem (€35pm)

With that you can download at 350kbps in the evening , then at 1 am until 8am , download at 1mps

I am using EOL skybooster , but this seems much better so im think of doing this.

Yes uploads are sh1t but i dont need a good upload as im not a gamer or the likes.

Also this is available to EVERYONE !

So from what i can see, its a lot cheaper and faster.

So what do you think ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Yeah it has been suggested.. problem is no limits is not available any more... some say its due to bandwith but thats crap.. as far as i know its simply due to lack of a flat rate agreement with eircom! It would be a fantastic idea though.. would gladly pay for flat rate dial up along with netsystem

btw check out http://www.broadbandsatellite.co.uk/ for in depth info and help on netsystem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Bandwith??? Its 56k FFS !!!! Damn Eircon ...damn 'em all to hell !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

/me still has noLimits :D

Reinstalled my modem drives turned off my fax and now connect faster :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

IOL NoLimits is still online for those who are already subscribers and were not booted off in the infamous cull.

They havent been taking on new subscribers for over a year now, so if you dont already have NoLimits, or if you have it and want to swtich phone numbers your S.O.L.

The reason is that esat operate the service as a loss(due to the lack of a flat rate wholesale package from eircom) and the more people who use it, the more of a loss they make.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Originally posted by Dustaz
    They havent been taking on new subscribers for over a year now, so if you dont already have NoLimits, or if you have it and want to swtich phone numbers your S.O.L.
    Just to let you know, a number of people on ie.comp have been able to move their No Limits account to different phone lines because they have had to move house etc. As far as i know, they are letting all users switch phone numbers now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

excellent news, last time i checked with them i couldnt. Maybe its time to auction my nolimits account:)

Advertisement