Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is the worst vocalist?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Worst voice vote has to go to that dude from Alcoline Trio (spelling?). It's just so damn normal, dull and flat. In fact I'm sure he sounds worse than my school's choir.

I'm surprised at what some people are saying here.

Axl Rose just kicks everybody's ass!
    As does Bruce Dickinson

And I thought Dave Mustaine was really funny at first, but then again when I first heard him it was on "Sweating Bullets", but then I grew to like him. I like his non-singing voice, too.

Best vocalist ever...Nightwish! ;);););)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Oeneus

Best vocalist ever...Nightwish! ;);););)

Tarja Turunen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Zaphod B

Worst vocalist ever is me. Just trust me on this one.
    Having said that I can play the guitar even worse.

Originally posted by AngelWhore

Tarja Turunen.

How do you pronounce that?

Not entirely sure, but I've an idea.
    Unfortunatly, you can hear it from my typing, so either way, yer fecked.

• Advertisement

Do it like a dictionary. eg. hoe-moe sex-ew-al :D

No!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Bob Dylan, if ever there was so much talent wasted by a voice that sounds like my dog in heat.

That fella from muse bugs me aswell, cant place my finger on it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

He may bug you, and plenty others but jesus thats a fine voice he has, live also it still sounds great.. Although he can go flat for the first time he tries to hit the high note in cave, or such other songs but he gets it then, and its just class.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

This is stupidly obvious,i cant believe no-one has said these guys......
    Gareth Gates,Will Youngs, and Westlife

Debate ended :p:)

• Advertisement

Yes, that would be an obvious answer...providing that it wasn't in the category of Rock/Metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Zaphod B

Oeneus wtf... Gareth Gates is the ultimate metalhead... I hear he once bit the head off a prawn!

Also Westlife must be rock because whenever they're on the TV you get the desire to throw it out the hotel room window.

Sorry, my mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Grunge Fan

has 2 be fred durst or any of the clowns from death maetak bands like cannibal corpse morbid angel deicide etc!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Grunge Fan
    any of the clowns from death maetak bands like cannibal corpse morbid angel deicide etc!

**** you there's nothing wrong with Death Metal vocals. Morbid Angel's vocals rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

Originally posted by Winning Hand

That fella from muse bugs me aswell, cant place my finger on it though.

I can see how people would find muse annoying (im not sure if I love them or hate them myself) but Bellamy has a stunning voice techinally speaking he is skilled far beyond most singers out there.

Fred Durst if you can even use the term "vocalist" in the same sentence is one of the worst things to ever happen to rock music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

ANY rap metaller. And any metaller who thinks they're singing by growling into a guitar and having it screwed around with electronically. Too many to note.

Originally posted by lordsippa
    ANY rap metaller. And any metaller who thinks they're singing by growling into a guitar and having it screwed around with electronically. Too many to note.

Amen! It sums everything up really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

"I can see how people would find muse annoying (im not sure if I love them or hate them myself) but Bellamy has a stunning voice techinally speaking he is skilled far beyond most singers out there."

His sharp, loud intakes of breathe after every line are very annoying for example on their cover of "Feelin' Good"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 squeezeboxwho

Bob Dylan and Fred Durst have to be the worst ever.

• Advertisement

Man! Did you know it was rude to drag up threads from over 2 years ago!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Man! Did you know it was rude to drag up threads from over 2 years ago!?

Probably given new life after this thread was started! ;)

Personally, yer man from Primus (as already said) really hacks me off and also the lead "singer" of The Thrills.

They're not metal, I know, but his God-Awful whingy nasally induced bouts of horriblness-ness annoy the fúck outta me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 hemlock666

Theres so so many ****e singers....
    Morressey
    Bob Dylan
    That git Shaggy
    Elton John
    All power metal singers
    I could go on but I'll only get annoyed......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Chris Barnes is the guy that WAS with cannibal corpse, and now Six Feet Under, and yeah, he's crap. Anyone can do his kinda vocals, but if you ask me, it's hard to beat Glenn Benton. Alexi from CofBodom is kinda crappy too, kinda takes from the overall impact of the music.

Whatshisface from Anaal Nathrakh has a scary voice, dunno if it could be considered good or bad tho :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭powerage22

Fred Durst

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

fred durst by far...

that "if only we could fly"

"limp bizkit style"

eugh :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Brian Johnson. Not a patch on Bon Scott imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

tom araya - good at speaking,crap at singing

and cannibal corpse and mayhem have the honour of having multiple bad singers over the years.

and as mentioned above you have to have glenn benton in their too

i suppose black/death/sludge/thrash etc is an acquired taste so if you dont like those styles your gonna pretty much think all the singers are crap.

personally i hate sean nos singing............

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I love the way everyone has said that Fred Durst is an awful vocalist and then jumps down the throat of the guy who said Axl Rose was the worst, they both whine worse than spoilt children. His singing is the aural equivalent of wiping your arse with sandpaper.

• Advertisement

and cannibal corpse and mayhem have the honour of having multiple bad singers over the years.

Oh come off it! Granted, Cannibal Corpse aren't exactly Opera, and the current Mayhem vocalist, Maniac, is absolute ****e, but you simply cannot deny the ungodly vocals of Attila Csizar! The man had the most unreal vocal style that there ever was, and I don't know of anyone who has ever come close to doing what he did on De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas.

Advertisement