Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is the worst vocalist?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

Ozzy Osbourne does anyone really think he can sing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

He does...

Seriously though, ozzy had style. Maybe not now. Second thought, definitely not now but come on, listen to some classic Sabbath and solo stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Billy Corgan always had a terrible live singing voice, slightly better when recorded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 BlEeD tHe FrEaK

That girly looking bastard from the Darkness Justin Hawkins he sucks ass, and Fred Durst the greatest pain in the ass EVER and not to menition BIGGEST SELL OUT EVER :rolleyes: And your man from The Strokes,Julian Casablancas I think thats his name :confused: There the suckest bunch of sucks that ever sucked :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

And your man from The Strokes,Julian Casablancas I think thats his name :confused: There the suckest bunch of sucks that ever sucked :p

he is bad but that total ponce from the hives is in a league of his own
    he is so far out in front i dont think he will ever b caught
    unless of course LB release a new album then fred will give him a run 4 his money
    tossers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

id have to vote fred durst too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

grimloch wrote:
    id have to vote fred durst too
    yeah my vote goes for him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

yeah my vote goes for him too.

not to mention a few other people too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Akhenaten from Judas Iscariot was pretty crap, the crap covers of Burzum have reall píssed me off.Dani Filth is also pretty bad.For some reason every picture I have seen of him he puts on the gayest poses too.His singing is crap compared to others.And De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas vocals are really good compared to Maniacs todays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

Probobly Liam Gallagher and I used to like Oasis before I developed better sense, oh the shame :o .

And to those that bashed Dave Mustaine, he may not be a great singer technical standpoint (although he's improved A LOT over the years) but he can sing with a lot of emotion and intensity, the Youthanasia album is probobly his best vocal performance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Tom de longe out of blink 182.

if he just shut the **** up and played guitar and let mark hoppus do all the vocals, they would be a much better band with far more fans and they would be taken far more seriously over all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭X-Dawg

Fred Durst.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Call me what you will, I care not...

Axl Rose is a WOEFUL vocalist. His voice sounds like a cat being run over slowly. He has a UNIQUE voice, not a good one. Most people associate his voice with the songs because they're such "classics." Well excuse me for having a slightly different opinion of everyone's favourite MTV baby. He was a good FRONTMAN, not a good vocalist. Wow, he could sing on key most of the time. LOTS of ordinary people can do that, doesn't mean they have a good voice OR talent.

Secondly, another bad vocalist is the guy who was in Cryptopsy as a replacement for Worm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

That guy from koRn has no talent at all. People saying bob dylan as the worse need to do some listening! maybe you didnt like his voice but he was a good vocalist regardless. The guy from flogging molly really bugs me.

On and some guy said Corey Taylor from slipknot is the worse but thats not true some of his solo stuff has talent but dont get me wrong I hate slipknot and that genre of music they belong to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Call me what you will, I care not...

Axl Rose is a WOEFUL vocalist. His voice sounds like a cat being run over slowly. He has a UNIQUE voice, not a good one. Most people associate his voice with the songs because they're such "classics." Well excuse me for having a slightly different opinion of everyone's favourite MTV baby. He was a good FRONTMAN, not a good vocalist. Wow, he could sing on key most of the time. LOTS of ordinary people can do that, doesn't mean they have a good voice OR talent.

Secondly, another bad vocalist is the guy who was in Cryptopsy as a replacement for Worm.

Yes his unbelieveable range and power and control are just a load of crap really.

You obviously don't understand the technical aspect of his vocals compared to say, everyone else in rock, to really speak on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

Ozzy Osbourne can no longer sing and should just stop, im all for old black sabbath and 80's Ozzy stuff, but now he cant hit a ****in note.

and anyone who says Bruce Dickinson is a bad vocalist knows **** all

Dave Mustaine only sounds crap because the production on all ablums before Rust In Peace are terrible, but after that his vocals are deadly! he's brilliant on Rude Awakening.

the same might be said of Quorthon of Bathory, but i dont think he ever did a show (he was a one man band after all!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

So many crap singers, everyone seem to agree Fred Durst sucks, ill go with that too.
    But MAN, what is it with all you peeps slating damn good singers.
    Axl Rose, Morressey, Ozzy(old Black Sabbath stuff), man just cause they might be pricks or fags, or so tanked up on acid and blow that they cant make conversation doesn't meant they are bad vocalists.
    ffs, he's amazing. He has such a range, check the vocals on Nightrain, Coma, Its so Easy, Mr Brownstone, My Michele. Need I say anymore, the guy is a legend. If you dont get it there is something seriously wrong with you man, go see an ENT surgeon or something.

And as for Dani Filth, hes awesome at what he does, listen to 'Cruelty and the Beast'. Tracks like 'Thirteen Autums and a widow' or their cover of 'Hallowed be thy name' or 'lord abortion' on midian has great vocals too, excellent stuff , and like karl-hungus says he does some great low vocals too.
    But i guess if you dont get it, you just dont get it. Pity though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭barney_clergy

ok that dude from stained oh jesus he is boring i had the misfortune of seeing them live about 4 months ago it was by far the most boring gig ever .

then you have got the dude from ash jesus have you ever heard that guy live (shudder).

then the guy from nickleback i know he can sing but my god he is annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Fred Durst and Axl Rose...I completely agree, ick.

But my suggestions would be the lead "singers" from the Strokes and the Libertines.

Utter crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

Pet wrote:
    Fred Durst and Axl Rose...I completely agree, ick.

But my suggestions would be the lead "singers" from the Strokes and the Libertines.

Utter crap.
    you people suck
    /me stabs Pet

Your wrong, All Wrong I say. Axl pwns.
    I'm bog, and bog is all knowing.

YAY! :D

• Advertisement

Axl is (was) an incredible vocalist. Anyone who thinks otherwise just doesn't know anything about music. Just because you don't like him doesn't make him the worst in the world.... :spastic gesture: He has a powerful voice, with incredible control and range - if you can't spot that, you have been lumped with crappy ears by God.

Also, the guy from Staind sucks ass - bigtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

The singer from that band razorlight. God hes ****. Lets mumble into a mic and call it singing why dont we? Or yer one from the yeah yeah yeahs. Wait that band is just **** in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Oh, it's obvious that I know nothing baout music or vocals because I don't like Axl Rose... Well boo-freakin-hoo. I can't have an opinion? No?

Here's another, if you've ever seen him live, you'd know he oft goes off key and has to resort to using his low voice for the most part. Where's his range and control now, eh? It's grand doing the vocals perfect on a once off recording, following it up with live consistency is another kettle of fish altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I agree with Mr. Hungus.

Some of you are very strange.

Oh, it's obvious that I know nothing baout music or vocals because I don't like Axl Rose... Well boo-freakin-hoo. I can't have an opinion? No?

Here's another, if you've ever seen him live, you'd know he oft goes off key and has to resort to using his low voice for the most part. Where's his range and control now, eh? It's grand doing the vocals perfect on a once off recording, following it up with live consistency is another kettle of fish altogether.
    I never said you have to like him, but if you can't hear the physical talent then I pity you.

So what if he can't sustain it during live performances? That's not my point. The fact is that he has an incredible voice and he can perform on the albums.
    So, by you saying Axl is the WORST IN THE WORLD, does that mean you think Hanson are better? lol ...yeah, you obviously have great taste...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

technically, probably the guy from NapalmDeath, and personally, any punk singer..

Jesus, grow up you lot, so people don't think that Axl Rose is a good vocalist. Last I checked having an opinion that he's crap didn't mean that you know nothing about music. Stop harping on about how technically great he is, technically Mariah Carey is a great vocalist. And if he can't sing live that does take away from being a good vocalist. And I still think he's a crap vocalist.

John2 wrote:
    Jesus, grow up you lot, so people don't think that Axl Rose is a good vocalist. Last I checked having an opinion that he's crap didn't mean that you know nothing about music. Stop harping on about how technically great he is, technically Mariah Carey is a great vocalist. And if he can't sing live that does take away from being a good vocalist. And I still think he's a crap vocalist.
    Mariah Carey is a good vocalist - incredible voice, but I just don't LIKE her or her songs. But we're not discussing likes or dislikes - we're discussing ability.

The same way that you don't LIKE Axl, but obviously you can't tell that he is physically capable of reaching notes that most other vocalists can't; if you can't tell that (and genuinely believe he's the world in the WORLD!!!) that means your EAR for music sucks. It's not a question of taste. We're not discussing taste in this thread, in case you missed the first 4 pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

The Guy from Avenged Sevenfold when he attempts to sing on Warmness Of The Soul

• Advertisement

X-Dawg wrote:
    The same way that you don't LIKE Axl, but obviously you can't tell that he is physically capable of reaching notes that most other vocalists can't; if you can't tell that (and genuinely believe he's the world in the WORLD!!!) that means your EAR for music sucks. It's not a question of taste. We're not discussing taste in this thread, in case you missed the first 4 pages.

The first post made no mention of discussing a worst vocalist from a purely "technical" standpoint. Your view seems to be that if you can hit notes outside of a normal singer's range you are automatically god among vocalists. Axl may be able to hit notes but he sounds awful when he does, he's shrill and whiny and his transitions between notes is far from smooth. Compare him to Jonsi from Sigur Rós, Diamanda Galas or Blixa Bargeld and he sounds as flat as a pancake.

Not only that but come on, the guy hardly did melodies and vocal harmonies that rewrote singing, he was just Meatloaf for a new generation. Boring and uninspired stadium rock. Even within that category he stumbles as on several live performances I've heard, he just can't keep the pace, unlike say Bruce Dickonson. And the artists I mentioned above can repeat (and surpass) their studio performances on a nightly basis.

Advertisement