Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The joy of Crystal Reports

Options
  • 31-05-2002 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭

Folks just a quick question.

Has any one out there found a better (i.e. more dependable due to not trowing hissy fits) reporting tool that allows you to report against MS SQL server Stored procedures??? It has to allow exporting of reports to word/excel/txt/rtf and have pretty much all the same functionalty (grouping/surpression/crosstabs/running totals/web reporting etc). Any help is welcome.

kayos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

When coding applications through Visual Basic, I quickly abandoned Crystal in favour of ActiveReports, by (IIRC) DataDynamics.

Whilst it is slightly more "codey" , it is a proper VB object-model coding environment, as opposed to the crap that was CR, and, well, I always thought it was da bomb.

Alternately, we did have a customer who wanted Access used as the reporting tool. I vaguely remember there being some ActiveX/COM widget on the market which will let you run access reports outside of access, which would have bee way cool had I been able to use it.

Thats about it. Visual Basic Programmers Journal typically listed ActiveReports and Crystal as their two "best of breed" each year.

jc

Advertisement