Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Main page update (again)

• 31-05-2002 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭

Added drop down list to top of page, moved quick links to left, hope you like (still fine tuning).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

And individual news groups are now listed on the drop down as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i like it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

thumbs up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

I like it alot

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

sweet but on big reses the front page kinda looks weird (left aligned while the nav is centred).

Anyway, I'm thinking of redesigning the front page anyway (and reprogramming it, to learn PHP).

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

if you aligh top menu to left and get page to fit exact then it would be sorted. big res here btw. looks good but a tad weird

Right, I've "lefted" it. Also there are less DB queries in the main page now so it should load quicker (the dhtmlmenu was being generated but not displayed as well as the left column of forums).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

How about a small piece of white space at the very bottom of the front page underneath
    "you can either contact us or just find out more about boards.ie. "

Just to give a bit of breathing room?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

...jolly hockeysticks wotto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Quick suggestion...

How about reversing the vertical order of the boards logo and drop down menu, with the boards logo 0px from top and the menu bar 60px etc from top. The menu bar is a bit lost at the top.

[Blue Peter ON]
    Actually here's one I made earlier
    [Blue Peter OFF]

Good idea to put it on the front page all the sameicon14.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Lookin' good :cool:

*applause*

Can't be done at the moment 80p, the menu has issues when placed in a table, and that's what that would require. However I've changed the yellow to white and I think it now doesn't look as out of place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Nice one cloud/DeVore and co.. i have wanted the drop down menu on the front page for ages!

btw looks like there is space on the fron page in the top right corner for a flash ad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Excellent, hearty approval, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

May I sound my disapproval for the changes. It was ok before so if it aint broke dont fix it.

Advertising gambling! You have sunk so low.

Shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by Cloud
    the menu has issues

LOL,
    may I suggest the PI forum ;)

--
    Having said that, just having the menu on the front page makes surfing a lot faster :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

HMMM...I like the new look. However I'm only getting a white bar at the top of the page, and when the mouse hovers over the relevant points, I am getting yellow text on a white background. The Drop down menus seem ok, It's just the headings that are affected

What browser is that? I've made a change, does it work now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Well it seems to work in NS4 so that's as low as I'll go, lynx is a step too far :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Cheers cloud, that's fixed now - BTW it's IE5

Advertisement