Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD drive clicking

• 25-07-2001 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

My computer hates me...
    All of a sudden my YamahaCDRW's (new) drawer is clicking 3 times when you close it without a CD in the tray??? it doesnt happen when there is! DAMN, anyone ever had this happen? Do I have to open it, and it so what do I look for? A long shot I know... but its starting to p**s me off now. (oh but the good news is that DABS are sending me a new GTS after my 1st one got buggered)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

HA! Nice one Paul, nice.

Dunno about your drive, but I'm here to tell you that pay day man rocks. You'll get yer money.

Actually, he didn't think it at first; but I managed to set up a complicated pay-to-play system on his power supply. And, through a complicated system of levers and pulleys, each coin that enters is verified to be of legal tender, then passed along for 500 metres to my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

500m eh? Must warp the space/time thingy there coz your house is at least 2000m from mine.

NOW, what about the clicking, I couldnt be arsed sending it back to dabs.com (as I saw with my graphics card it would take a week or 2) coz I dont think it could be a biggie, I'd rather fix it myself...

It is not, but I *did* get my figures wrong - it's 1km (1000m). Trust me, I know. When putting in space-time warpers you *NEED* to have accurate information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

Well if it's new, why bother opening it up (although, mechanically, CD drives are simple things)? Send it back and get them to fix it.

-Ross

When I was young my mother told me not to look into the sun; so once, when I was six, I did...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I'd say you thought you had to put money into the computer every time you wanted to play a game, hence the clicking.

Advertisement