Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best rock album ever

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Zaphod B

von... I hope that " :mad: " aimed at London Calling wasn't suggesting there's something wrong with the album... :eek:

Hmm honestly can't pick a best album but London Calling by the Clash and Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd are definitely up there... ya I know liking punk and Pink Floyd is supposed to be a paradox big enough to cause a rift in the space time continuum that would get Scotty running for some dylithium crystals, but phuck it :) Also Jailbreak by Thin Lizzy.

Metallica - Black Album

Tough choice really but heres why:

1. I know (most of) the words to all of the songs. Other albums I love but can't say each song has had an impact on me.

2. I can listen to it no matter what mood I'm. Some Rock/Metal I can only listen to at a certain volume or in a certain circumstance.

3. I never feel I'm imposing on my mates when I play it. People who don't like rock get pi$$ed off with other stuff but always appreciate a bit of the Black Album.

4. I love music that provokes an emotional response in me. Some makes me angry, some sad etc. The Black Album has not just one emotion to it but loads.

5. I normally get bored with an album after awhile, never with the black album.

6. Its probably the album I listen to most which means even if I don't know it, that its my favourite I reckon.

Close Runner Ups btw:

Nirvana - Nevermind
    Guns N Roses - Appetite For Destruction
    Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine
    Korn - Korn
    The Band - Songs From Big Pink (OK, its not rock, sorry)
    The Pixies - Death of the Pixies

I'm a little persuaded by the other posts, but not that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Its has to be Rage against the machine the self titled album by ragtm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 YeVaD

hmm..
    i say

- "Surfer Rosa/Come on pilgrim" by the Pixies
    - "Complete 'B' Sides" by the Pixies (2 cool neil young covers on it)
    most other Pixies albums.. :D
    - "Babylon" by Skindred
    - "Chaos AD" by Sepultura

RATM's first and most metallica is pretty cool but im not too into them... led zeppelin are cool but i only have latter days part 2.. havent even heard stairway to heaven :eek:

dave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Originally posted by psIRE

Korn - Korn

How can Korn Possibly earn the the slot for "Best Rock album ever"? So...Korn can compete with GnR, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Hendrix, Pink Floyd or AC/DC?

Trust me. The Spice Girls are more likely to be considered a better rock band than Korn.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by kirn
    metallica /// load
    :eek: What?!!?!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I must add...
    In Flames - Whoracle
    In Flames - Colony
    In Flames - Clayman

For obvious reasons. :cool:

Craig David, Ricky Martin then i suppose Led Zeppelin 1+2, Any of the beastie boys albums, nevermind, californication, anything hendrix and finally that ocean colour scene album with hundred mile high city on it, cant remember the name but from what i recall it was quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans
    Cradle Of Filth - Dusk... And Her Embrace

It would be those two albums that really got me into music in a big way, so I'm picking those because they're quite relevant to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Grunge Fan

NIRVANA-IN UTERO
    Pearl Jam-TEN
    Led Zeppelin-led Zeppelin 1
    ALice In Chains-DIRT
    Soundgarden-down on the upside

metallica sold out but their new material is still VASTLY BETTER then this current trend of nu metal pre fabricated teeny bopper rock!!and NO WAY is ANY of slayers stuff tyhe best rock ever!!

slan leat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Deathtobertie

Originally posted by Oeneus
    I would generally pick Appetite For Destruction.

I'd have to go with appetite for destruction too, how much more rock could you get that that album? Strangely I don't like any of G-N-R's other albums.

I think the Iron maiden album 'Killers' would be up there too.

I noticed some people have listed metal albums, shame on you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Deathtobertie

I forgot to mention the Who's Live at Leeds album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

And there's always the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert which was released on CD for a limited time. I wish I got a copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

lynnrd skynnrd, greatest hits

RATM, The names sake album

Nirvana, In Utero

Offspring, smash

soundgarden, super unknown

(these are my opinions)

what about the joshua tree by u2, after all it was voted number one album of all time on vh1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

..............."My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans "........rofl what a name......lol.....

oh yeah, top albums have to be RATM self titled and machine heads burn my eyes......turn loose the swans...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭fisifan01

60s- Led Zepplin
    70s- Neil young-harvest
    80s- Guns n roses apetite for destruction/Bon jovi-new jersey
    90s- Nirvana Nevermind/U2 Achtung Baby/Pearl Jam 10
    00s-Linkin Park hybrid theory/Incubus-Make yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by s8n
    ..............."My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans "........rofl what a name......lol.....

oh yeah, top albums have to be RATM self titled and machine heads burn my eyes......turn loose the swans...lol

What exactly is so funny?

Advertisement