Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pretty Damn Rare!!

Options
  • 31-05-2002 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

I'm just after completing a list over in the rock/metal section about what me albums are and in the process came across some rare stuff that I had forgot about!

One of my favourite bands (although they have since split :confused:) is Skunk Anansie.

I have one of their singles that was limited to 7500 copies, and I own one of their first releases on what was their new record label at the time.
    Certain D.J.'s around Britain were handed copies of their song "Charlie Big Potato" *ON VINYL* and I have a copy!! :D OH JOY!! (Managed to buy it for a fiver off E-bay!!!)

So just wondering if anybody else had any rare stuff that they were either proud or ashamed of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A House's first CD, "On Our Big Fat Merry Go-round". I was out in 1987, I think. One full page of the inlay explains "How to take care of your Compact Disc" (something I haven't seen with a CD for a long long time !!!)

Got it on eBay too.

Some other stuff (rare-ish) I got on eBay are Something Happen's second CD (Been There Seen That Done That) and A Fat Lady Sing's first CD, Twist.

Keeping an eye out for Whipping Boy's "submarine" (VERY rare).

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I have "The Aeroplane Flies High" box set by the pumpkins.
    Go to www.eil.com, has loads of rare stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Whipping Boy's first album is pretty hard to come across these days.

But it had some of the best songs I've ever heard on it....

But I'm just wondering does anyone have that really rare Nirvana album that there are only 1000 or os copies of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Well amongst things I have this Play-list from a Rollins band gig in the early 90's with a little greeting from Hank himself written on the back.
    Mad gig, mad day, mad party etc...
    All in all one of the more impressive people I hav ever met...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

uhm a beatles abbey road vinyl tis the limited edition picture version i`d say its kinda rareish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

deco : whats the name of that nirvana album your talking about ?

i probally have a copy of it bouncing around somewhere, if not the origional then a tape copy

I think its called Outcesticide 2 but all I know is that its really really rare...

I'd kill to get a copy of it myself....has all different versions of Nirvana songs on it meant to be really cool....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

My favourite rarity is my Glass Onion CD single (Travis before they were Travis) which I actually bought in Glasgow a few months after it was released. It cost me a massive £1 (they had hundreds of them!) and apparently it's worth about £150 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Copy of Parade by Prince, signed by Prince and the whole revolution? He doesnt do autographs anymore so i have no idea how much it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by deco
    I think its called Outcesticide 2 but all I know is that its really really rare...

I'd kill to get a copy of it myself....has all different versions of Nirvana songs on it meant to be really cool....

I've just been browsing usenet, and I've come across Outsecticide volumes 2 to 5. 4 albums, 21 tracks on each. Is this a box set ??

(Edit) - LOL - Disc 4 has a track called "01 - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Gothic).mp3" - I have to say I'm intrigued !!!! :)

- Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

I've got GNR's appetite for destruction on Vinyl which might not seem that rare except that the cover isn't the usual 5 skulls on a cross but is a painting of the robot getting ready to "have his way" with a young honey in the street. The pic I'm talking about can be seen on the liner notes of the CD version.

Is that rare?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I have Therapy's 7 inch (with U2 and Undertones covers) that they gave out at a gig in the point in 93 (i think it was 93).

Apparently very rare and never released.

Originally posted by TmB
    (Edit) - LOL - Disc 4 has a track called "01 - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Gothic).mp3" - I have to say I'm intrigued !!!! :)

I actually have that song....all it is is the version of Teen Spirit they did on Top Of The Pops.....the only thing of note about it is that Kurt sings the song an octave lower so it sounds really fcuked up....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

I've got a 12" (ie one normal piece of vinyl) called "Mask 500" which is a compilation of people doing illegal remixes of other people which came out on Skam Records in 1999.

It recently went for $120 on Ebay (link to auction) but apparently it's gotten up to $200 in other auctions. I haven't seen any go that high though.

The most expensive piece of vinyl I've seen that I'd be interested in is 12" by Boards of Canada called "Twoism". It went for $484 dollars on Ebay. (link to auction)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

Prince live at 'paard van troje' its a pub in the netherlands after gig bootleg but cd quality...extremely rare.
    excellent music , sings never heard off before

Advertisement