Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does a game last?

Options
  • 01-06-2002 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

With PC games how long do you leave them on your PC?
    I Have 6 games on the PC now
    GTA3
    MOHAA
    Deus Ex
    Fifa 2002
    Age of Empires 2
    Tribes 2

And not on the system
    Deus Ex
    Half Life
    AVP2
    Op Flash
    Unreal
    Kick off 2002
    And loads of others.
    How long do you leave a game on ,and how long do you play it ?
    I find one PC single player game at a time is enough for me as the depth of them and with patches and stuff takse about 1 month or more to complete them.
    Kdja

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Depends really.

HL has been on my system since i got it (1month after it came out) unless i needed to format or reinstall it.

I leave most of my games that i play on and crack 'em cause i can't be bothered taking them out of boxes and putting them back again. (and no its not illegal thats what cracks are for)

Some games like Daikatana went on and off faster than an athlon with no heatsink (7secs to reach 147*c)

Really depends on the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

The only game that has permanently remained on my PC is Half-Life (got it the day it came out).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Half Life and Diablo 2 are the only games on my PC at the moment, HalfLife been on this PC since I brought it and and a fair while on my old PC.

as a rule - I find playing games on my console a better experience though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Championship Manager 3, with regular nackups of the sometimes dodgy sav files.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I've gone through 3 PCs so far, Quake has been installed from day1 on all of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Pax Imperia Eminent Domain has been on my pc for 4 years now :)

Advertisement