Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renewing Provisonal Lience, New Cat, and Theory Test????

Options
  • 01-06-2002 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

I kinda posted something similar to this before regarding taking the theory test if you already had a provesional that you let expire with just a car on it. Now i want to put a provisonal for a motorbike on it that wasn't on it before. Just wonderin if anyone knows for definite if i gotta do theory. grrr. Gonna find out mon or tuesday for defo have the no. for theory helpline. I soooooooooo don't want to take OR pay for the feckin thing, even when ya pass ya still feel cheated out of ur money. maybe ya should get a refund if ya pass heh heh.

think i'll take tests for all the normal cat's at the end of the summer and try avoid any new laws in getting a full lience, always leaving things to last min. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Yeah you need to do it. I did it last week, took under 4 minutes and cost 33 euro.. bit ****in ridiculous really then the licence is another 15.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭The Dubliner

whats the eaiest way of passin ur provisional theory test??

da book or cd rom??

:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by The Dubliner

da book or cd rom??

I think there's no real difference. CD rom is more interactive tho if you don't like reading books :). It's easy. I wouldn't worry about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

my god some of those questions are so annoying and wrong!

eg. this thing is really badly phrased, should of said clockwise or anticlock wise, i mean you intially drive on to the round about by going left (or straight when your in blesso :), normal rules don't apply eh eamo?) but once on ya go right yes? Also loads of the pics are dodgy, like the guard ones and the hand signals, kinda vague seen as there not moving and drawn by what seems to be a 3 year old.

roundabout1.jpg

WRONG

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah the question is badly phrased, but the answer is right. It should probably say 'Which direction should you turn on entering a roundabout?', as per traffic guidelines laid out in law sometime around 1960 (it's in the rules of the road book). Yeah loads of the pics are dodgy, but there's so many questions, and you only have to do 40, so picture questions are rare. I didn't get any (except for road sign ones obviously). Just know the answers to the dodgy ones, and you'll be fine. Or have you done it?

• Advertisement

sent off the thingy in the post today for it so hopefully sometime nxt week?

i'm just so pissed at having to pay the money to sit the test (probally be 10mins at most) and just answering retard questions. Some are painfully stupid like the stop sign...
    shows pic of stop sign, does it mean go, stop, or turn on ur lights. to things to do with filling out forms like what does the a W lience allow you to drive. surely nothing to do with actually driving. but what is really getting me is how badly the cd is made and the fact it costs what it does. Ya have to use the cd to run the program which to me is completely mindless, tryin to stop people from copyin it, surely letting everyone access to it would be more benifical. Seems like they are trying to make money off it. €14 euro for it!

GRRR

><
    p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I've had my full licence for a year now but when I was helping my sister revise the questions for the theory test I noticed how many confusing and pointless questions there are. I can't remember any examples off hand but there are cases where no answer immediately leaps out as correct and you lean more towards thinking there has been a mistake.

Whats the point of having questions that have seemingly very little relevance to the rules of the road on the test?

My sister jsut borrowed a copy of the book for a little while before the test. The DoE should have all the questions complete with correct answers available online for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Harmo

Originally posted by The Dubliner

da book or cd rom??

There is no real easy way the book is the best method. The cd is good and all but i done the cd test about 50 times and when i actualy sat the test most of the question's on the cd didnt come up so my advice is learn the book and now and again go over the cd. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

when i actualy sat the test most of the question's on the cd didnt come up

Are all the questions not in both???

I'm a big fan of technology and all that but at the end of the day to pass the theory test all you really need is a full set of the questions and answers on any format. Most of it is just common sense. If you even learned off the rules of the road from the official book (~ €3/4 in any post office) you should be able to get 99% of the theory test questions without a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Harmo

I found that each time i did the test on my puter the questions didnt realy seem to vary out of a bank of 743 questions the same 100 or so just kept coming up.

• Advertisement

heh heh, ya passed this today, and i got no stinkin dodgy pics in it at all not even road signs just all txt, only took 4mins too, i dunno why your given 45mins, tis shockin.

As for people usin the cd for preparation your better off doing the prepartation for the test section on it and doing all the differenet sections as that way you'll answer nearly all the questions you can be asked. Then just use the do a theory test bit. Anyhew, t'was nice n dandy and i is off with my list of bikes n cars to check out the insurance :( boohoo.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

go you , big CONGRADULATIONS and WELL DONE !

Advertisement