Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Major Problem

• 01-06-2002 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

i watched the World Cup opening game yesterday and afterwards i had a bit of a snooze. when i woke up the Sky remote would only work the television and not the Sky box. i re-booted the box and it worked again but then the remote stopped working the Sky box. can anyone shed some light on this because it is a real pain in the arse having to use the buttons on the front of the box to change the channels

i also tried a neighbours remote and had the same problem

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

It might be the remote receiver on your box.Try using your remote on your mates box and see what happens.

I think maybe there is to remote receviers on the SKY box. One for TV siganl and one for SKY signal. Maybe the SKY remote receiver on your box is broke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the remote works fine on another box so a new digibox box might be needed :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Mossy, It is not a hardware problem. It is a software glitch.
    You need to force a software upgrade onto your box.
    Tell us how you get on.

i thought of that on Friday and it's still happening. i did it twice. after a reboot it will work and then the remote gives up. i'm going to head off to ebay and see if any digiboxs are going for cheap and might as well sort out the FTV card while i'm there. kill 2 birds with 1 stone if you want to put it that way

i came home tonight and after what should be a successful bid on ebay the damn thing is working. WTF is going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

my remote seized up a few times too
    but even the buttons on the box werent working
    so a quick plug out/in sorted that.

its only ever happened twice, and both times i was flicking through the channels and the box seized up on Sky One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

i came home tonight and after what should be a successful bid on ebay the damn thing is working. WTF is going on

The digibox hardware is bug free and rarely fails.
    But there is more bugs in the Sky EPG software than in an anthill.
    Always assume that it is the software causing your problems.
    The reason why a soft-reboot sometimes doesn't work is that the
    battery in the digibox holds the previous state of the memory sometimes even after a software upgrade.
    Obviously this is not meant to happen. Chalk it down as a software bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

I had a problem over the weekend -

Net 2 - Froze about 10 mins to go to end of match.

Switch over to BBC1 - everything ok

switch back to RTE1/Net 2 / TG4 and picture ok after 10-15 seconds freeze then "No Satellite Signal being Received"

This is happening regulary during the day.

Switch everything off and then back on - seems to fix the problem for a couple of hours then off we go again .......

Happens on E4 now and then also.

Any suggestions ??????????

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Couch Potato: Out of curiosity, does any of movie channels freeze too? From experience, I suggest either the digibox (Pace perchance?) or LNB

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Originally posted by irishbyte
    Couch Potato: Out of curiosity, does any of movie channels freeze too? From experience, I suggest either the digibox (Pace perchance?) or LNB

I have a Panasonic Box -

Funnily enough ALL the Sky specific channels ok - news, 1, movies, sports etc.

Not sure if this was a once off.

Watching tonight and everything ok on all channels !!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement