Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitachi Region Free DVD Player

• 26-07-2001 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

I got myself an Hitachi DVP-305E

I've seen on the web the below on a few sites as to how you can make this particular DVD Region Free. Which would be great, as I own a few Region 1 DVDs, and its quite frankly, pants, playing these on a Computer when I've got a 28" TV downstairs. Does anyone own one of these players ? They're quite common as Dixons were selling them at £250 a while back.

Apparently, what you need to do is the below...

1. Make sure that there is no disc in the tray and switch on the player.
    2. Cold start the player, by holding down the PLAY and STOP buttons on the player.
    3. You should see a set of language options. Release the PLAY and STOP buttons.
    4. Select your language.
    5. Press REPEAT then the following codes for the required region the player is already set to (region you bought the player in):
    Region 1 - 2, 9, 3, 3, 4
    Region 2 - 3, 8, 7, 6, 7
    Region 3 - 5, 6, 7, 3, 2
    Region 4 - 7, 6, 8, 8, 4
    Region 5 - 5, 3, 8, 1, 4
    Region 6 - 2, 4, 4, 6, 2

6. A code will appear, indicating the region setting of your player.
    7. Press 9 for region-free, or 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, etc.
    8. Press OPEN/CLOSE on the Player to open the disc tray.
    9. Press STANDBY (POWER) on the remote control to close the tray. Next time the player is turned on it will set to the region specified. If the player halts on the FBI Warnings, press Forward Search x2 or faster.

I've tried doing this, get to the language screen, select 1 for english, hold down repeat, throw in the code 38767 but to no avail. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

I dont have this DVD player but looking at some of the DVD sites I frequent I have come across this player. The instructions you list are identical to the ones listed on these sites, the only thing you dont have listed is when you get to the language selection you press 1 on the remote to choose english.

Hope this is of some help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Yep, I've tried that, after all, step 4 states to select your language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,462 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> I own a few Region 1 DVDs, and its quite frankly, pants, playing these on a Computer when I've got a 28" TV downstairs.

Apparently, what you need to do is the below...

1. Make sure that there is no disc in the tray and switch on the player.
    2. Cold start the player, by holding down the PLAY and STOP buttons on the player.
    3. You should see a set of language options. Release the PLAY and STOP buttons.
    4. Select your language.
    5. Press REPEAT then the following codes for the required region the player is already set to (region you bought the player in):
    Region 1 - 2, 9, 3, 3, 4
    Region 2 - 3, 8, 7, 6, 7
    Region 3 - 5, 6, 7, 3, 2
    Region 4 - 7, 6, 8, 8, 4
    Region 5 - 5, 3, 8, 1, 4
    Region 6 - 2, 4, 4, 6, 2

6. A code will appear, indicating the region setting of your player.
    7. Press 9 for region-free, or 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, etc.
    8. Press OPEN/CLOSE on the Player to open the disc tray.
    9. Press STANDBY (POWER) on the remote control to close the tray. Next time the player is turned on it will set to the region specified. If the player halts on the FBI Warnings, press Forward Search x2 or faster.

I've tried doing this, get to the language screen, select 1 for english, hold down repeat, throw in the code 38767 but to no avail. Any help appreciated.
    </font>

Don't know anything about this topic(pc dvds..another matter) but looking at the info in your post shouldn't you be throwing in 29334 for a region 1 DVD

Alternatively, you will find this info for sure on either rec.video.dvd.players or in rec.video.dvd.tech on usenet( if you haven't this setup in your mail program then i'd sugggest that you use Google Beta , it does the job pretty well)

[This message has been edited by Longfield (edited 27-07-2001).]

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement