Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pricing help on my second hand computer?

• 01-06-2002 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭

I need help setting the price of my old computer. I am selling it to a friend and dont want to overcharge him.

Here are the specs.

Intel Celeron 333mhz processor
    160MB RAM
    3.2GB Hard Disk
    ATI Rage Pro Graphics Card (On Board)
    17" Monitor
    Soundblaster 128 Sound Card
    Printer (see this Posthttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=482913#post482913)
    Keyboard + Mouse
    Modem
    Software Office copied, Zonealarm etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Around €400 would be reasonable, maybe slightly more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

Intel Celeron 333mhz processor = 50
    160MB RAM = 100
    3.2GB Hard Disk = 35
    ATI Rage Pro Graphics Card (On Board) = 25
    17" Monitor = 130
    Soundblaster 128 Sound Card = 30
    Printer = 50
    Keyboard + Mouse = 15
    Modem = 40
    Software Office copied, Zonealarm etc. = 20

= 495

Thats how i would price it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ya. you'll always get some fool to pay that amount. just stick it in the buy and sell.

Read the thread before you post Gideon

I am selling it to a friend and dont want to overcharge him.

I would cut another 95 off it because its 2nd hand and its your friend your selling it to ;) So i would go with about 400 just as "PCIRL" said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

sorry read the title and the specs only.

i say for a friend i wouldn't ask for more than 350 for it. Its basically a standard crappy pc, you've a tiny bit more ram than normal and a 17" monitor but other than that.

How i see things been generous to the seller for some bits:

2nd hand monitor 17" for 130 thats madness. i'd say more like 80 at most. (sayin 150-170 new)

KeyBoard and mouse, a spankin new keyboard will only be bout 10 and a mouse be as cheap for NEW, got optical one there for €13 :)

333mhz processor = 40
    160mbram = 50
    3.2gb hd = 35
    ATI Rage Pro (onboard) = 5?
    Soundblaster = 25
    modem = 40
    software = 20 seems fair

grand total: 305-350 dependin on how much ya like ur friend.
    most of these bits are better off for ur friend to get new and pay a bit more would work out so much better in the end. But less hassel and 17" ur way.

Personally i wouldn't buy 2nd processor or hd just never seems worth it. Sorry about the above post. T'was a bit sleepy and just got caught up in the prices.

yep i agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I think 300 is a good fair price. I think I should point out though, that it actually is not a bad machine, for everything except serious work or games it will be grand.

Originally posted by donaloconnor
    yep i agree

You did state that the machine was worth 495,

Contradiction?

Overall the machine is a nice ntry level pc for someone who wants to use it for words apps etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

300 and no more I would say. I have the following bits a P3 450 with PSU, case, MB, Voodoo 2, Onboard sound, 192MB RAM, (Thats it by the way, no CD, HD, Monitor, Keyboard, Modem etc...)which I was going to sell for 150 Euro to a mate but I think even that was too much. (He pulled out in the end, so I will probably give it to my brother unless I can get someone to swap me a good 17" monitor for it or something).

• Advertisement
Advertisement