Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer Germany?

Options
  • 01-06-2002 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help me with this is have won something at auction on ebay now the thing is, the seller is in Germany and he wants the money transfered to his bank can someone tell me where I can do this because my "Banking365" account
    only transfers to named accounts.
    An Post Do a thing called "EuroGiro" is this any good? How much dose it cost to send about €25 is there a faster way that does not cost a bomb.
    Can anyone help me with this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

The simplest method would be just to pop a bank draft in the snail mail and it should be there by Wednesday. Or you could FedEx it overnight.
    Fairly straighforward and inexpensive. If your a student you wont even have to pay the charges for the draft.

Obviously I dont know the intricacies of this transaction but I'd imagine it would suffice if its a personal sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

can someone tell me where I can do this because my "Banking365" account
    only transfers to named accounts.

If you call the telephone banking365, they should be able to arrange a international transfer, called a SWIFT payment for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by 80project
    The simplest method would be just to pop a bank draft in the snail mail and it should be there by Wednesday
    You will need to emphasise to the bank that it will be cashed in Germany (a different arrangement applies with higher charges). You might also try Western Union(?) in the post office. I'm not sure what the service is like in Germany though.

Technically, it is illegal to send cash by post to Germany (on the German side) and the insurance on your registered post would be void. That said my friend got the DM200 (€100) "moving in together present".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Originally posted by Victor

You will need to emphasise to the bank that it will be cashed in Germany (a different arrangement applies with higher charges). You might also try Western Union(?) in the post office. I'm not sure what the service is like in Germany though.

Technically, it is illegal to send cash by post to Germany (on the German side) and the insurance on your registered post would be void. That said my friend got the DM200 (€100) "moving in together present".

Does any one know howq much these charges are because if the are high relitive to the winning bid price it really defeats the purpose of buying on ebay because I could just go down the the shop and buy it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Western Union is very expensive. Don't do that unless it has to be done immediately. The service is very good, especially in Germany but you pay a premium for the speed.

I'm amazed it's so difficult to send money via bank.... actually this is Ireland... no I'm not!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Originally posted by Gordon
    I'm amazed it's so difficult to send money via bank.... actually this is Ireland... no I'm not! [/B]

100% agree, Ireland needs to sort itself out, I feel embarassed hvaing to email and tell this guy that I will have to use cash because Ireland backward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭root

Irish banking is an embarasment.

However, just go into the bank and transfer the money into his german account.It takes 5 days.Dont ask me how much it costs, ask the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

Hi,

I transfered money to a bank account in luxemboug, I done it by asking AIB to do a bank transfer, they done it with a Euro Transfer, i think thats waht it is called. Got their in 3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by root
    However, just go into the bank and transfer the money into his german account.It takes 5 days.Dont ask me how much it costs, ask the bank.

If they can tell you. Went in to transfer about 100 sterling into a UK bank account lately. The charge was small - abuut 3 or 4 euro. They did say there would be a charge at the other end and they couldn't say how much. Went for a bank draft in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

I got charged 20 Euro :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement