Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions: Computer Hardware Suppliers

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Crumbs, thats unlucky m8 :o .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

http://www.comtech.de 5/5

These guys are great, and across the board cheaper than komplett (4/5) including shipping. i bought a few things off them (HDD, graphics card and processor) and even with delivery of €30 I ended up saving about €70 over komplett (who are next cheapest as far as I know). Any questions I had they replied promptely and in english.

::::edit:::

I should mention that these guys have a very similar site to www.jes-computer.de (maybe a sister company) but are that bit cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

[URL=http://]www.hitide.ie[/URL] 5/5 - good prices, great delivery, or collect. Your one stop shop for watercooling. The proprieter is a nice guy who'll offer advice on your best set-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

I ordered some stuff (case and some drives etc) from komplett on Wednesday morning and by wednesday afternoon, it said shipped on the komplett website. Apparently they use gls in Ireland. Anyone any idea as to when I can expect the stuff to arrive? I'm very impatient.

I have found them pretty good so far though, appart from the fact that they have my money and I haven't recieved anything but I'm hoping that will change!

I ordered some stuff (case and some drives etc) from komplett on Wednesday morning and by wednesday afternoon, it said shipped on the komplett website. Apparently they use gls in Ireland. Anyone any idea as to when I can expect the stuff to arrive? I'm very impatient.

I have found them pretty good so far though, appart from the fact that they have my money and I haven't recieved anything but I'm hoping that will change!

GLS are very inconsistent. my guess would be tuesday or possibly never!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Just a quick piece of info bout IT Direct.(I do work for them so i know this for a fact) theres actually very little we cant get we just dont keep it in stock. Ask and you shall recieve. Staff overhaul lately too so we know what were on about now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

i'm really surprised only one person has recommended jes so far, i haven't seen their prices matched, and i wouldn't be put off the text being german

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Yeah I'd go for Jes as well.

What are the delivery times like....through GLS I presume???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Well i think this place is excellent. Dont no how its slipped under the radar of all u bargain hunters. At 13euro for 1/2 max shipping this place is brilliant, with a huge range of stock. They have about 12 pages just for keyboards and mouse :eek: .
    Now should u give u the website :p .............................

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/index.html?itag=3758

Best place iv found so far. I am saving 20E by choosing this place over komplett. They have an EXCELLENT website, nicely layed out with nice clear BIG pics. And every day between 3-5 they have hot deals, very interesting.
    11 outta 10 in my books :)

Well i think this place is excellent. Dont no how its slipped under the radar of all u bargain hunters. At 13euro for 1/2 max shipping this place is brilliant, with a huge range of stock. They have about 12 pages just for keyboards and mouse :eek: .
    Now should u give u the website :p .............................

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/index.html?itag=3758

Best place iv found so far. I am saving 20E by choosing this place over komplett. They have an EXCELLENT website, nicely layed out with nice clear BIG pics. And every day between 3-5 they have hot deals, very interesting.
    11 outta 10 in my books :)

nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Yeah

komplett.ie - 4.5/5 - use them with the compsoc in college for LAN gear, built nearly 10 computers solely from their stock, never once had a problem or faulty equipment. Their weekly deals beat off the competition aswell. I bought 2 WD SATAs on special for €50 discount, which paid for the shipping and some. Never had to return anything though, but I do hear its dire having to pay to send them their faulty equipment, doesn't make sense. Like others though, they lost the .5 for not having enough modding or networking gear.

This thread has helped me alot, quite a few decent places on here i had never heard of, shop4memory looks really good, i'll be getting my RAM from them in future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Elara Lady

VOGAD wrote:
    Elara

4.7 / 5

Delivery is 15 Euro in dublin, ordered the new CRW-F1 cdrw on monday, received it on tuesday afternoon. Pretty extensive selection of hardware and great service. Nice sounding receptionist too.....

Thanks Vogad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

I buy most of my stuff from Komplett.ie 5/5
    The best website for new products is PC-LOOK great selection 10/5

and finally E-Bay you can pick up some bargains in new products I bought some fans last week and only paid €3.00 delivery from England.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭SeanW

Komplett: FTW.
    4.5/5 cost effective, cheap shipping and decent RMA service.
    They used to have a great selection of stuff but they've been thinning out their product lines a lot over the last 6 months and a lot of quality products have got the chop.

Performace-pcs.com 4/5

I just finished a mod job on my computer and bought the last of the modding supplies I needed from this crowd. Great selection, good prices but being in the U.S. shipping is slow and expensive.
    Oh yeah, they also wouldn't take any "International" credit card (I do actually have a US bank card but they never gave me a chance to use it) so I had to sign up for paypal to complete my order. :( Bummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

bought from frozen cpu a few times

http://www.frozencpu.com/

well recommended, they sell some nice stuff
    and shipping isnt too bad, though you will pay customs on some stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

thought i'd give it an honourable mention:

www.adverts.ie

You can pick up some great hardware off there for next to nothing from members of these boards so I always check there and ebay before buying my hardware first hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

Komplett are excellent in all areas but if you have to RMA anything they are painfully slow, my motherboard went down and it took six weeks for a replacement to arrive. 4/5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

stanley1 wrote:
    Komplett are excellent in all areas but if you have to RMA anything they are painfully slow,

this is true, same problem i had with them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭joeblogg1

Komplett

4.95 out of 5 (just being picky)

Have bought 2 full Pc kits and numerous other bits and bobs off them in last 2 years. Service is excellent and prices good. As others have said their deliver is super fast:rolleyes:

SeanW wrote:
    Performace-pcs.com 4/5

I just finished a mod job on my computer and bought the last of the modding supplies I needed from this crowd. Great selection, good prices but being in the U.S. shipping is slow and expensive.
    Oh yeah, they also wouldn't take any "International" credit card (I do actually have a US bank card but they never gave me a chance to use it) so I had to sign up for paypal to complete my order.

Edit: I didn't realise until yestarday how many US companies just don't ship internationally at all. apparently something to do with credit card fraud or something. In that case, only accepting PayPal from international customers makes sense.

So I revise my score for performance PCs to 4.8.

The extra .8 is for realising that there happens to be a world outside the USA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

And the fact of HUGE import taxes. I bought a Thermaltake v1000a from compusa before ( about 4 years ago ), cost 120$, And another 70odd punts in import taxes. So i basicially bought two cases, for the price of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

http://shop.atos.ie/pgProdList.cfm?cx=7E77839DD37678338BD84FD597FFF45644D68F0D024F964D5F4FF24FCEF5EA81BB91C990D1E8FD2799BB0958A5E98ECCFD102F8C5441CBC911E4FE6CCF2EDE0EC5CED289

I just found these guys based in Kildare so postage should be cheap.
    Maybe somebody is dealing with them and can recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

HiTiDE 5/5.

Great service.:)

Shipping was roughly 8 Euros with An Post to get the stuff down to Limerick.

Order processed on Monday, sent out on Tuesday, got it Wednesday.

It was well packaged.:)

www.atomicpark.com

-1/5.

Stay WAAAAAAAAAAAAY away from this crowd unless you're desperate for something you can't get anywhere else and don't mind getting a lot of hassle. Bought a mobo off them and whole thing from start to finish was a complete feckin' disaster.

Could the mods please sticky this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

www.Crucial.com/eu 5/5
    Only dealt with them once but I will def buy again. Ordered gfx card + ram, arrived 40 hours after I clicked "Buy", great price and service. Especially for those who have never bought ram before and are unsure of what to get - they have a little bit of software that scans your comp and tells you what to buy from their store.

www.overclockers.co.uk 4/5
    I have bought £2000+ from ocUK over the last few years. In fact I get the majority of my stuff from them. Great range and service but they are not the cheapest, especially delivery. Very good with rma too. But I have read some nasty things about them over the years, in partiular about their support. Docking 1 mark for prices.

I have spent the last 2 hours trolling the web looking for a supplier of case mods etc. They all seem to be american only, but www.kustompcs.co.uk as posted earlier, has the best range ive seen for mods. Im gonna take the plunge tonight and report back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭TheThreeDegrees

And for the business viewers..

http://www.pcwb.ie/
    Straight up and no fuss online ordering.5/5

http://www.sharptext.com
    Same as.Collection service available.Good support if things go wrong.4/5

http://www.realta.ie/solutions.html
    All of the above and..provider of Solid State Drives.Free delivery or collection.Home grown Irish company.Clearly supports both consumer and vendors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

www.kustompcs.co.uk
    Ok my first encounter with them. Ordered loads of mod stuff (cathodes etc), nothing major.

Pro's
    -Wide selection (especially for modders)
    -Good delivery (Ordered friday morning, arrived monday). Not too pricey either

Con's
    -Not the cheapest
    -Sent wrong size cable (wasnt a major issue)
    -1 extension cable didnt work properly (required some manual cutting/taping)
    -Much of their selection is out of stock

Despite the fact that there is more cons then pros id give them 4/5. My only real problem with them is the fact that much of their advertised goods are out of stock, rarely a mention of when they will be getting them in again. I would recommend, but take note that I have not ordered anything like PSU/CPU/RAM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Wanna-Fixit

Brilliant service.
    Great selection of RAM
    Quick and cheap delivery through An Post.
    Not great for anything but memory though, which is to be expected,
    given the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Good to see komplett.ie getting those massive thumbs ups. As a complete ignoramus about PCs it seems I lucked out when I decided to buy from them.

I ordered a gaming PC at 01:00 today Friday. Its now 16:00 and it hasn't arrived. :D Those guys must go to bed at night. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Brilliant service.
    Great selection of RAM
    Quick and cheap delivery through An Post.
    Not great for anything but memory though, which is to be expected,
    given the name.

excluding VAT....grrrrr:mad:

Advertisement