Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Options....

Options
  • 01-06-2002 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

Alright it has been a long time since i followed the whole IrelandOffline debate with exams and stuff etc. Anyway at the moment i am on the recieving end of €50-60 bill each moment which is hurting my pocket and my conscience to pay that bloody theiving Eircom. I live in Cork in a town just outside the city and use Esatclear SurfFree( i did use No Limits till they booted me :( ) I'm just wondering if there is anything out there that could get me....

1. A cheaper bill
    2. An increase in speed from 56K modem

If you guys could just tell me the options that are presently available to me and what the damage will be

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

NO

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Thanks for the reply Tizlox

Anyone else got any suggestions on what services are out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

the netsystem service seems to be quite a nice option... no cap, no time limit - somethin like 350k I think (1 way only tho, u still need your modem). Fairly nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

This isn't helping me much guys, surely there must be an alternative out there to Esat Surf Free?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Irrelevant replies moved.

Sorry to break it to you , but there really isnt any option open to you at the moment to reduce your bill unless you start spending around 80-100 per month:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

The only thing I could suggest is to play around with the ISP numbers, and see if you can get a higher speed that you are currently getting. Try
    -Oceanfree
    -Eircomnet
    -Esat/iol surfree
    -indigo
    -utv

and prolly one or two more that I can't think of at the min. Don't expect anything great, just might bump you from 48k to 53k or something.

As regards cost, nothing you can do, because we live in argueably the least competitive country in Europe. Welcome to the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Actually there is a way you could get about 25% cheaper bills, do you have a indigo free account by any chance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If Esat are your home phone provider the Surf Free option is only 1c per minute offpeak (if they're not it's the regular Eicom charge of 1.26c)

The downside is that their regular non-internet evening calls are 2p per minute compared with Eircom's 1p (weekends are still 1p)

Advertisement