Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flicky menu movey

Options
  • 01-06-2002 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

flickymenu.jpg

Whenever I go to a sub level of the menu, I have to play a game of tentativity with my mouse. I feel like I'm playing that game with a long stretch of twangled, twisty metal wire that's hooked up to a battery and a buzzer. You have a metal hoop and you have to traverse the wire's journey without touching it or it will go *bzzzt*.

Ahem, anyway... If my mouse passes the portion eg. Sport or motors - my sub level menu will disappear really quickly. I see that there is a slight lag on the first menu eg. afterhours, so that when you move off the menu it holds for half a second.

What I'm getting at is.. is it possible to put a small delay onto the second heirarchy menu to give my mouse a chance to get to the Star Wars cheese?

either that or make a small buzzer sound whenever the wrong choice is selected, whichever is easier :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

or just click on it and bring ur mouse straight to the right not down and to the right. its the same for eveyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Excellent, didn't think of that, thanks Kraken :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

... oh and ... Mac users if you want to do that too...

Click to the right of the *link* where it says Sci fi/fantasy dont click the link but stay in the small box and *click* and move right and to the sub menu.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Given that I tend to click with the mouse at the top of an item, moving right actually moves my mouse to slightly above the pop-up menu, which means that it disappears again.

It is fiddly.....

I would suggest that the first item of the sub-menu be parallel to the "lead-out" item, rather than 3/4 of a line below it....

jc

Advertisement