Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hmv offers

Options
  • 01-06-2002 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

just in case you didnt know (i didnt ill today) hmv have a 3 cd's for 30 euro sale on, and theres some good cds there, i got osme tom waits and velvet underground among others
    its the perfect opportunity to buy more cd's then u need (but not feel too guilty about it)
    i dont know how many stores have it, but i got it in the one on grafton street today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

3 for £30 euros is great, but has anyone else noticed that HMVs prices vary from store to store. I got a Frank Zappa box set for 28euro in Blanch, and saw it in HMV in Grafton St for 45euro. Then i seen the another title priced for 11.99euro and 21.99euro. You deffenaty will make some great savings if you shop around.

ps. Tower and HMV have near complete collection of Zappa cds in stock if anyones interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 StrokesQueen

Not really relevant, but I got 4 great cd's when Virgin had the same offer before they shut down. And yes, it is happily guilt-free!

Velvet Underground rule :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i got my first velvet underground cd coz its one of thse cd's ive always wanted to get
    it's ok, not brill, btu im sure it a grower, its the andy warhol one, with the abnana on the cover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

Sorry the drowner,but your typos are diabolical.
    It's like having a second language reading your posts!!!!!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

tom 182, come into the chatroom and ull get used to it! everyone in there's adapted!!! its even worse in there...i try and correct myself as much as poss in posts, but i type really fast and dont look over it properly. ill try keep an eye on it from now on, okay???sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

if you want some definite velvets listening, drowney, you should go for the peel slowly and see boxset, the four studio albums plus a cd of previously unreleased outtakes. the outtakes cd is very hard stuff to listen to but once it catches on you won't get rid of it for life! :) the first one is, like all velvet underground albums, indeed a grower, but you'll probably find a more typical performance on the other albums, especially white light white heat. mind that niko was not an inherent part of the band, so the voices of lou reed and moe tucker will give you a more realistic impression...

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 StrokesQueen

Please don't give up on the VU & Nico, it's an excellent album! I love it cos it's so original, varied and experimental. Heroin is my favourite song, powerful stuff.
    I also like White Light/White Heat, especially the title track and The Gift, it's crazy.

I read an article recently that said although the VU's album sales were miniscule, they were one of the most influential rock bands of all time.

So I'll say it again...Velvet Underground rule :cool:

PS I saw that box set, I WANT I WANT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

Originally posted by StrokesQueen
    I read an article recently that said although the VU's album sales were miniscule, they were one of the most influential rock bands of all time.

good point, strokes queen... :) indeed, if you make up a list of all the acts who quote the velvets as a major influence, and then again of the acts who quote these acts (am i making sense? ;)), you can savely say that without the velvet underground there would be no alternative music as we know it... :)

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

Advertisement