Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History + Home Ec Tips???

• 01-06-2002 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Anyone got any good tips for
    History & Home Ec...

what things have your teachers said are "must do topics"?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

I would also appreciate something on Home Ec. Just started it this year (am a repeat) and pretty much did f*** all. Well did great in all the class tests, not hard when you know what is comming up and just study it a few minutes before. But now, I am seriously screwed. So much stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭sc317

History

i think the following are enough to have prepared for the HL History

section A - Home Rule, Land Question(inc Butt Parnell and Davitt personalities

section B - Cumann n nGaedhal Years, Fianna Fail years, neutral Itreland, Lemass

section C - France, Bismarck, Russia and Versailles

section D - de gaulle/5th republic(my tip), post war germany, post war britain, and maybe 1 of hitler, mussolini to make sure

section E - do the research topic - I only started mine last week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

well lads i only do home ec out of those 2 and i am also bollixed in it.. :///// onlything i know thats tipped is female reproductive system...but its tipped in biology aswell and can only come up in one of em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

ok heres what i have covered,,,,, in notation and essay plan...

Covered
    Sec A - nothing..... Except maybe constructive Unionism up to 1920.

Sec B - Cummann na nGnaeheal and basicall ecomnomic polocies up to 1939

Sec C - Russia 1905 - 1917 (possibly up tp after revolution v. unsure but is tipped to come up but then again ya know.)
    Causes/Origins of World war 1
    Imperialism

Sec D - Mussolini (foriegn + domestic)

Not Covered but by tuesday should be ok.

Sec A - cultural nationalism (must bring in militant for A essay)
    Parnell (hopefully) and finish off unionism

Sec B - Lemass, Fianna fail 1932 - 1948, INter-party

Sec C - nothing really should be ok..... cept maybe wiemer..... or advances in warfare

Sec D - Hitler , Stalin, Cold war.

hope that helps.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Imperialism came up last year under the title European Exapnsion Overseas 1870-1914, different essay title, same old crap :P

I'm suprised no one here is tipping the Spanish Civil War and Krushchev for section D

Oh by the way expect this years history exam to be tougher than last years, i have heard rumblings that section is going to be a tough one, make sure you cover a good few topics for it

Personally I am going to leave out more than i should and only study two topics per section

• Advertisement

i was thinking that when i was walking in a trance aorund my house............. Cold war......... th only thing is spanish civil war names are hard......... mussolini is a nice easy essay.....
    i did imperialism cause i already had it done for mocks might aswell study it anwyays

You are probably better sticking to the more mainstream topics that are covered in more detail in the text books. Anyway best of luck and remember the important thing is to get every essay completed

yeah i'm happy now i got some **** covered today.....
    ugh....... alot of writing but i'm goin for the A if the stuff comes up

I'm just finished doing post war Britain, that hasn't come up in a few years so with a bit of luck....

If the post ww2 Decolonisation question comes up can you just anwer the whole thing on say Britain and France??? I think it came up last year anyway but just wondering...

Originally posted by sc317
    I'm just finished doing post war Britain, that hasn't come up in a few years so with a bit of luck....

If the post ww2 Decolonisation question comes up can you just anwer the whole thing on say Britain and France??? I think it came up last year anyway but just wondering...

If you write on one question that maximum mark you can get is 50/80. To get a theoretical full marks you must write on two countries

• Advertisement

Nice one, that's grand.

Cheers.

Advertisement