Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DreamWeaver MX... OMG !!!

Options
  • 02-06-2002 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

Webdesign as we know has changed.
    I just d/l the trial.

It is mega. The new layout is awesome- Its a bit like EVRSOFT 1st page with the tabs and and cascading internal windows for new files. Loads of ready made stuff as well. Only really just getting to terms with new features but hours of fun and frollicks are predicted.

Interested to know if anyone else has got it yet and if so what do ya think?

[BTW- The macromedia site is low on screenshots so you can view the attached :)]

--
    (Pity I didn't d/l the trial before I completed a site I've just finished- Sheesh I had to use DW v4 :rolleyes: :p )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

Cool, very like Flash MX, same layout. I will request that download of Eon now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just been playing about with it for a while. Very powerful.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I fired up both ISDN channels - it's a hefty download - and downloaded it a while ago, and I have to say it's a vast improvement. The old interface was very annoying, it absolutely drove me nuts and turned me off using DW for anything but essentials. The new interface makes things a lot easier and cleaner. Now if only they'd release it for Linux.

adam

Originally posted by dahamsta
    The old interface was very annoying, it absolutely drove me nuts and turned me off using DW for anything but essentials. The new interface makes things a lot easier and cleaner.

I totally agree, that was the reason i stuck to Frontpage 2000, but now i'll be moving to DW ;)
    Still havn't it downloaded yet :( Must wait till my other 1GB of stuff comes down lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Agree with one and all.

Tha lack of a toolbar or tab system at the top of the interface was a pain. If you wanted to have all the panels open you couldn't see the feckin page. As you pointed out Donal, the bottom anchored context panel is very like Flash MX.

Whereas before I might use various proggies for a variety of tasks, DW seems to encompass them all. If I had any criticisms it would be the lack of a good interface for CSS editing- so I'll be sticking w/ TopStyle Pro for that.

--
    Also they still have not fixed the swf tags for compatability w/ NN4 for some reason. They keep leaving out the embed tags around the object ones ?? Bit of pain TBH, to have to keep coding that manually.

Overall...I'm a happy bunny

• Advertisement

One shortcoming is the lack of a "Save All" shortcut key. You know, for when you have a few templated pages open?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

started with frontpage, moved onto dw3 and liked it.
    now im on dw4 ultradev and like it apart from the windows getting in the way (running at 1024x768)

must download mx soon. anyone have a download file size pls?

about 48MB i think

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Humm. Does look sweet!

Dreamweaver MX 30day WINDOWS trial:

http://www.macromedia.com/go/dwmx_trial_en_win

48.8 MB, English Version, 30-Day Trial for WINDOWS!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

The floating menus do get in the way with dw3/4, but becoming aquited with the 'F4' key has saved time/hair on my head. Can't wait to get my hands on DW-MX, *droool* :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I am installing it now... after a 5hour download over this modem!

Oh the anticaption!

Originally posted by Winters
    I am installing it now... after a 5hour download over this modem!

You can blame eircom for that ;)

Originally posted by dahamsta
    One shortcoming is the lack of a "Save All" shortcut key. You know, for when you have a few templated pages open?

adam

Fear not...

Go to:
    View -> Toolbars -> (tick) standard

And whata know "save all" button wiil appear :)

--
    BTW there is an MXP extension for that SWF embed code as well.

What cant this proggie do !!??

awwwwwwwwww man :( My download from eon this morning was incomplete, now i must wait till tonight :(

Go to:
    View -> Toolbars -> (tick) standard

And whata know "save all" button wiil appear :)

Ah well. Now I just wish I had a faster processor! :)

adam

Originally posted by donaloconnor

You can blame eircom for that ;)

It goes without saying nowdays.

Humm. Tis the best Dreamweaver yet. Been using Dreamweaver sine ole DW2 and it is the best one ive used. Fireworks is also MUCH improved! Well done Macromedia... pity aboot the high prices though :rolleyes:

yeah prices are a bit pricy. Can't afford it, but other ways around it, never really buy software anymore, probably never will but i will buy dreamweaver and flash when i get older, they deserve to get money :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

started downloading dreamweaver now gonna take 3.5hrs on me 56k, go onnnnnnnn :) got flash mx the other day, well okay took 4-5days on and off. Sure is purdy, but really want to try the new dreamweaver have been usin 4 for the last ages and its cool, and with getting rid of those nasty floaty property bars can't wait. the tabs look well fancy.

what do people use fireworks for? have 4.(point) sumthing here and never really used it cept once for a menu, can't see whats so great about it, prefere to use an image editor like photoshop or paintshop, what am i missing!?

Gid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭root

I've had the full version for over two weeks now.It looks the exact same except it has lots of kiddies colours now.

don't get me wrong I'm a big dreamweaver fan, but it just looks like they added lots of color.I still use the old interface with dreamweaver mx.

Originally posted by Gideon
    what do people use fireworks for? have 4.(point) sumthing here and never really used it cept once for a menu, can't see whats so great about it, prefere to use an image editor like photoshop or paintshop, what am i missing!?

I'm the same, only used fireworks once same as you, for a menu, and I use photoshop now, but download Ver 7 now also though, i'm on ver 6. Flash MX+Photoshop+A Lil Frontpage = http://www.xp-users.com/emerald/

Photoshop is pretty cool for the image sliceing and the blue pic in the middle, was made up of 3 seperate pics with a bit of transpareny and blue stuff it looks quite cool, don't you think. Well anyway i'm going off the point here, can't wait to get rid of frontpage and move on to dreamweaver :) The thing that annoyed me with frontpage was that it made all its own decissions, like if i had php code, it would alter the damn thing and it becomes completly useless, where bys dreamweaver doesn't do this :)

Keep the Dreamweaver Comments comming, so far it looks amazing from what i see on this tread.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Gideon

Gid.

I'm with you on that Gid.
    The only thing Fireworks is handy for is integration with some of DW extensions like the photo album and convert text to image etc. Other than that i dont use it all. PSP 7 and Xara X are my weapons of choice :)
    (Adobe Illustrator 10 the odd time as well)

I could never get used to photoshop. I like Fireworks nad have been using it for a while. Fireworks MX would be on a par with Photoshop. It has been MUSH improved since version 4.

Am i the ONLY fireworks user?

Ah maybe i will start using it as soon as fireworks MX comes out :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Downloading it now,
    Just started, will be done in a hour
    128K leased line rocks :)

I gota say Dreamweaver rocks!
    I started with Symantec Visual Page 2 (NEVER Liked Frontpage) and went to Dreamweaver 1, now using Ultradev

Excellent stuff!

Originally posted by Cabaal
    Downloading it now,
    Just started, will be done in a hour
    128K leased line rocks :)

Europe Online rocks more :D 2000K/Sec, but must wait for the queue now :( I missed my download this morning so i've it requested again, it will arrive at 22:33pm tonight

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Europe Online rocks more :D 2000K/Sec, but must wait for the queue now :( I missed my download this morning so i've it requested again, it will arrive at 22:33pm tonight

Hay I'm doing the best I can with what I got and if I'm pushed I can get up 256K leased line :)

ah well, best I can do
    Atleast I'll have MX before you, so what good is your 2000k/sec connection now :D:D

lol yeah, but i would like to see you download a cd iso :P , I could order the skybooster service and get 712Kb/s DSL satellite :D

lol yeah, but i would like to see you download a cd iso :P , I could order the skybooster service and get 712Kb/s DSL satellite :D

Hay I download CD iso's all the time
    Infact I usually que around 3 each weekend if there's anything I want

Either way beats 56K! :D

ok lol, but i certainly agree its away better than that crappy slow 56k thingy that i happen to be on now, Eircom have to spoil everything with prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

COME ON BETSY You can do it!!!

don't listen to them ppl's with their macho connections. GO ONNNNNNNNNNNNN.

GO ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

comeon.jpg
    only a couple o hours left :)

*sniffles*

Gid.

Advertisement