Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI 100 greatest men

Options
  • 02-06-2002 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

Anyone watch this over the weekend. Robbie williams got first ffs. What contribution has robbie williams made to music to rival the likes of John Lennon, Freddy Mercury, Paul McCartney well pretty much everyone else in the top 100 except for eminem, Dr Dre and al those gobsheens. He shouldnt of been in the top 50 let alone number 1.

Who would be your greatest man of all time?

(Strangely enough they all seemed to be musicians :P)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 obi-1

i was watching that aswell and i could not believe who came first. the list from 10 to 2 was fair enought but then for robbie williams to get number 1 :)

some questions will need to be asked !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

bizzarre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Originally posted by Squall
    Anyone watch this over the weekend. Robbie williams got first ffs. What contribution has robbie williams made to music to rival the likes of John Lennon, Freddy Mercury, Paul McCartney well pretty much everyone else in the top 100 except for eminem, Dr Dre and al those gobsheens. (Strangely enough they all seemed to be musicians :P)

Well for a start theyre all musicians because its a music channel you muppet.And secondly hip hop is way better than the overratd beatles.They were no good-JUST OVERRATED.
    But to say that Robbie Williams is the greatest musician of all time is slanderous.Hes a former member of a **** arsed boyband for f`uck sake!I knew VH1 was slowly turning into aa pop chanel but JESUS CHRIST!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

What do you expect from such a poll....

You are always going to get a bias in polls like this....Robbie Williams is the biggest thing at the moment thus he's the *most important* artist in rock.

Two years ago Richard Ashcroft would be in the top ten now he dosen't register (thank Christ;))

When you consider that you really have to consider these polls pretty limited indicators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

those polls are always ****e, they tend to completely ignore certain sections of music, i doubt very much robert johnson, isaac hayes, marvin gaye(well maybe) or smokey robinson are high up on the list if on it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

those things are voted for on the internet and i don't even bother watching them. is it me or do they have one every 3 or 4 years. IMO Bob Dylan should have been number 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

I was being sarcastic there Gopher thats what the :P was for. And I never said anythnig about the beatles i said JOHN LENNON and PAUL MCCARTNEY ie seperate from the beatles. I was talking about their solo careers after the beatles. And do me a favour, name one hip hop song to rival the likes of imagine.

Next time before you reply read the post and think about waht your saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Originally posted by The Gopher

And secondly hip hop is way better than the overratd beatles.They were no good-JUST OVERRATED.

And I'd like to know what planet your on?

The thing with the Beatles is that they did revolutionize the way music was writen and how the public intrepted it.

Without the Beatles the music scene as it exists now would not exist. Fact.

Everyone from The Sex Pistols to Will Smith were influenced by them in some way or another.....

And btw I may be no fan of hip hop but at least I don't slag off other genres because I don't deem them *cool* enough....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

"And do me a favour, name one hip hop song to rival the likes of imagine"

De la Soul - 3 is the Number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

why do so many people see "imagine" as being a great song. i'm surely not the only one who thinks it's a load of ****e

• Advertisement
Advertisement