Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collapsed lung

Options
  • 02-06-2002 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭

Back in febuary my lung completely collapsed which was quite painful :D . Now that i am supposed to be okay, i noticed if i drink the smallest amount of alcohol i feel like getting sick which is not exactly the norm for me.

Even though i was never a heavy drinker before it happened, it would usually take somewhat in the region of 8 or 9 pints to give me the feeling it does now after drinking half a pint.

Wondering anyone else out there who had a collapsed lung experience this? or am i doomed to live a sober lifestyle till Liechtenstein win the world cup.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

HOw long had you stopped drinking due to your collapsed lung???

If it was longer than a month your alcohol tolerance levels revert back to when you were 14 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I don't think the events are related (except perhaps for what Chaos-Engine said). A friend of mine suffered a collapsed lung a few years ago, and his alcohol tolerance (while not reaching my heights :) ) don't seem to be adversely affected.

I also fail to see how the two events could be related, except if you abstained from alcohol for a while. I can attest to this, there was a time this year where I must have gone for nearly a month without alcohol, and after 4/5 odd pints on a night out afterwards I felt I had enough :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Its roughly 6 months since i drank last, so thats probably it, so i guess i'll have to do some training before we beat germany...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I suffer from this condition, assuming your collapse was spontaneous. It hasnt effected my ingestion of alcohol or any other type of food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Yeah it was quite sudden, i awoke one morning and said oh poo poo something aint right here because i had the most excruciating pain in my chest, arms and back and could not breath, not a very nice feeling kids.

Its supposed to be really common in males of my age and build,
    skinny tall guys between 16 and 21, rarely occurs in girls.

Its probably as Chaos-Engine said about my alcohol tolerance level go back in time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement