Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamecube

Options
  • 02-06-2002 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Right, I've decided to get a Cube after exams next week, just need some info.

Where are the best deals for Gamecube in Dublin? Has anyone seen a well-priced bundle with Rogue Leader?

Also, Smyths had a deal at launch where you got 60 euro worth of vouchers with the console. Does anyone know if this offer is still on?

Finally, how much are the official memory cards?

Thanks for any help:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

http://www.eb.uk.com/ebguideto.asp?tab=gc&guide_id=351

EB UK have 2 Rogue Leader packs - I don't know if they have both here in their Irish stores.

Game in Henry Street had at least one RL pack - EB owned, they're probably similar to the ones on that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

theres one on Dawsons street aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

(Disclaimer: I do NOT work for Smyths :D )

I picked up one up last week at Smyths for Eur433 which included Gamecube, extra controller, memory card, Rogue Leader, Luigis Mansion, Smash bros melee and Super Monkey Ball..

I reckons they have the best deal going in town. Euro199 for the console with 10x6 euro vouchers that can be used instantly against any game or hardware (eg mem card) plus if you sign up for their free loyalty card(free) you get a further discount off the lot! Plus the fact that I've yet to find anyone selling the games cheaper...

I used to buy nearly everything at EB esp since I was gaining loyalty points but Smyths are cheaper on everything and with their card you get the discount instantly rather than wait months for your points to accumalate.

Just my two cents ;) But wherever you buy Super Monkey Ball is an *essential* purchase closely followed by Rogue Leader. Best money I've spent in months... (Multi-player monkey ball is a riot! esp Monkey fighting and Monkey Target :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dave_l

Thanks for the info people :)

The Smyths deal sounds good, may end up getting my cube there.

I'm probably going to get 2 games, with Rogue Leader an essential purchase. (Massive SW fan)

I don't whether whether to get Tony Hawks 3, Monkey Ball or Smash Brothers.

I've heard a lot of good things about SMB but what is it like as a single-player game? I've already got some good multi-player games on DC so I don't want to get a game which has a single-player mode tacked on.
    Has it got much lastability?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Originally posted by dave_l

I'm probably going to get 2 games, with Rogue Leader an essential purchase. (Massive SW fan)

I've heard a lot of good things about SMB but what is it like as a single-player game? I've already got some good multi-player games on DC so I don't want to get a game which has a single-player mode tacked on.
    Has it got much lastability?

You'll love Rouge Leader then it just blew me away :D As for lastability with SMB i've only just mastered the beginners section (10 levels) am working on the Advanced (30 levels) and reckon there's months of work in the Masters (50 levels)... not to mention the extra levels and the new mini-games to unlock (Monkey Billards, Bowling and Golf)... I'd say I'll still be playing this by Christmas :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 leejon

Smash Brothers is a great game even in the single player mode, good feeling kicking the ****e out of Pikachu, my 6 year old loves the game. I also have Monkey Ball which is a lot more difficult and will have the more lasting appeal I think to a more mature player.
    On the whole though both are good, up to yourself really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Humm. I am also tempted with buying a gamecube the only problem is lack of money :D

I think i would rather invest in a GOOD pc with quality graphics card then buy one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Right. Make damn sure to tell everyone here if you find somewhere selling 'a GOOD pc with quality graphics card' for €200 then, I'd wager quite a few of us would be interested in that deal :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 leejon

Right. Make damn sure to tell everyone here if you find somewhere selling 'a GOOD pc with quality graphics card' for €200 then, I'd wager quite a few of us would be interested in that deal

Haha good call!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement