Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eating lemons

• 02-06-2002 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

on occasion , i like to eat the odd lemon .i know yeah there fairly sour and that but there very addictive . i `ve been told there bad for me when eaten like that , anyone got any information , or anyone else like to eat the odd lemon , or drink that jif lemon stuff?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Can't imagine doing it myself, but no, it's not bad for you - lemonfruit is remarkably similar to other citrus fruits like grapefruit and orange, and actually really very healthy. Quite acidic mind, I reckon you COULD give yourself indigestion off one at a push.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

hey shinji , you should really try one , you just acquire a taste for them , there quite nice , but then again this is from a person who dilutes vinegar in water and drinks it when i dont have fizzy drinks .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

strange!

but no, they would be good for you like Shinji said...plus really full of vitamin C

as for the vinegar....thats just weird ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Yeah I used to drink the juice you get in them lemon shaped things.
    Quite nice actually
    I also drench anything I can in vinegar.
    I cant see it being to bad for anything but your teath really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭EL_Diablo

Yeah I eat the odd lemon. I wouldn't drink vinegar diluted in water but I do drink the vinegar left on the plate when I eat chips.
    I've been told its weird and all but its just so damn good

• Advertisement

yeah seriously vinegar is a very good alternative to fizzy drinks , it actually tastes nice diluted in water , but lemons are the best , yeah the stuff in those lemon saped plastic things is nice but the real ones are just lovely , at first there sour but i just love them , i definetely recommend them .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

lemons rock, brillant when your slamming tequila and you just eat one! Gobble...

GreenHell lemons rock ......................aw total agreement Greenhell , yes lemons do rock , hey try one without the tequila , just eat one , they are luly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Ok, I've had to stop reading this tread... that mouth-cringing sensation + saliva mega-production is getting too much for me :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I used to enjoy the odd lemon, usually just a slice though if there was one put in my drink, I used to fish them out and eat them.

Don't think I'd eat a whole lemon though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I too have a fondness for lemons. Never tried the vinegar/water thing though but given my love of pickled things I'd probably like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

Lemons, I love lemons, I don't think they can be bad for you, I would just say don't eat to many in one go, your stomac would certainly not like the acidity

hey another great thing to eat if you cant find a lemon is rhubarb eaten raw , its lovely !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I heard rhubarb leaves are poisonous, that true?

jesus i dont know , but cut them off before eating it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

My brother drinks vinegar neat.
    Like shots.
    he sas he can quit whenever he wants.
    I doubt it.

The Lemon thing would be a good drinking game.

Dunk a pint in one go or drink a shot of lemon juice.

your brother sounds like fun , na i would voluntarily do the lemon shot , its just addictive , the stuff from real lemons is much better than that jif tuff , so i would rather that ,,,,,,,,,,,yummy!

Advertisement