Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best Java book in the world.

Options
  • 03-06-2002 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

I dont know which one it is, but i'd like to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

The best Java book in the world

That is a tough question, because there is no Java book that can cover every aspect of the language. It would not be possible!

If you are a beginner looking to pick up the language, I recommend one of the SAMS books, such as Teach Yourself Java in 21 Days. I've always found them to give a great introduction and a solid foundation to new concepts. After that you couldn't go wrong with either some more SAMS books, or else stuff from O'Reilly.

Here are some online books for you to read, instead of forking out hard earned cash
    http://www.maththinking.com/boat/booksIndex.html

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Thinking in Java, by Bruce Eckel is very well thought of. The text is available for free on the internet.

Zab.

Advertisement